Here's what I did last night | Syracusefan.com

Here's what I did last night

I really wanted to go but couldn't pull off a Tuesday night. Cage the elephant and spoon are great, and the newer Beck stuff is great. How was it?

I really wanted to go but couldn't pull off a Tuesday night. Cage the elephant and spoon are great, and the newer Beck stuff is great. How was it?

Super show. Cage the Elephant was so damn loud I had to get earplugs though.
The guy was like an Iggy Pop kind of stage presence, trying very hard to be outrageous. They do have a lot of good songs, though.

It was funny, after the show when we went out to breakfast, went to a couple places, all the people we spoke to were saying "Oh, you went to the Cage the Elephant show last night?" Beck was a forgotten afterthought to moms of kids of a certain age.

Beck was great. Visually it was stunning. His presence onstage is very cool and very in control. The band is great and was hammering it. Started off with Loser and blew it out for the first half dozen songs or so. Many hits throughout the night, playing about 5 songs off Odelay and about 3 songs off e Pro.

He played a few new songs right before the end of the show, so the pacing left the audience a little limp for the big finish. A couple of the new songs were great, but a couple were just so-so. It also hurt that the two opening acts played for so long (6 PM start) that Beck didn't get onstage until about 9:30, and then played to 11:30.

The singer from Spoon came out for the encore and sang Elvis Costello's Pump It Up with Beck's band backing him, and it was tremendous. This was a bucket-list show for me. He doesn't tour all that often, and I missed a chance to see him 10 years ago. So I was very very happy.

Super show. Cage the Elephant was so damn loud I had to get earplugs though.
The guy was like an Iggy Pop kind of stage presence, trying very hard to be outrageous. They do have a lot of good songs, though.

It was funny, after the show when we went out to breakfast, went to a couple places, all the people we spoke to were saying "Oh, you went to the Cage the Elephant show last night?" Beck was a forgotten afterthought to moms of kids of a certain age.

Beck was great. Visually it was stunning. His presence onstage is very cool and very in control. The band is great and was hammering it. Started off with Loser and blew it out for the first half dozen songs or so. Many hits throughout the night, playing about 5 songs off Odelay and about 3 songs off e Pro.

He played a few new songs right before the end of the show, so the pacing left the audience a little limp for the big finish. A couple of the new songs were great, but a couple were just so-so. It also hurt that the two opening acts played for so long (6 PM start) that Beck didn't get onstage until about 9:30, and then played to 11:30.

The singer from Spoon came out for the encore and sang Elvis Costello's Pump It Up with Beck's band backing him, and it was tremendous. This was a bucket-list show for me. He doesn't tour all that often, and I missed a chance to see him 10 years ago. So I was very very happy.
I just realized you posted videos. The sound quality is great, and if this is your video, your seats were pretty nice

I just realized you posted videos. The sound quality is great, and if this is your video, your seats were pretty nice

Shot by my daughter on her iPhone. It's an older version, too, from when they still had headphone jacks (without a dongle). We were in the 9th row.

"had headphone jacks (without a dongle)."

when i ask for a jack i always specify " hold the dongle please".

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom