Hey Friends | Syracusefan.com

Hey Friends

UpstateSM

LeQuint Allen/Justin Taylor Flag-Planter
My house burned down this morning. I live at home with my family and my girlfriend. It’s looking like we lost everything, including one of our cats Dino (named after Babers, of course). I go to Cuse Law and my younger brother is going into his sophomore year at Cuse. It sucks he wasn’t living there now so he could have saved some of his stuff.

Anyways, I’m not coming here for people to feel bad or anything I just wanted a place to let it out to people I “don’t know.” I genuinely love this website and even though I’m on the younger side of the posters I consider you guys my (internet) friends.

Go Orange

Yeesh. So sorry to hear that, especially about Dino.

It will certainly be a process, but I hope that you and your family are able to pick up the pieces and regather.

Friendly tip: don't rely on your insurance company - hire a fire adjuster...it'll be well worth your $$.

Damn man. Sorry to hear that. Sorry about Dino but glad the rest of your family is ok health wise. My guess is you will get some helpful advice from the gang here. Wishing your family well!

My house burned down this morning. I live at home with my family and my girlfriend. It’s looking like we lost everything, including one of our cats Dino (named after Babers, of course). I go to Cuse Law and my younger brother is going into his sophomore year at Cuse. It sucks he wasn’t living there now so he could have saved some of his stuff.

Anyways, I’m not coming here for people to feel bad or anything I just wanted a place to let it out to people I “don’t know.” I genuinely love this website and even though I’m on the younger side of the posters I consider you guys my (internet) friends.

Go Orange
Condolences. Hope you have insurance and a good idea of everything you have lost.

Sometimes animals get freaked out in fires. Maybe Dino is hiding in the woods and will come back in a day or two. I hope so. Hang in there!

Go Orange
I'm very sorry to hear that. Just FYI, the Red Cross provides support for a few days to families in situations like this if you need it. They may already have contacted you.

Jeez. This is horrible news man. Being in medicine I see a lot of poor prognoses and outcomes. As I've gotten older, when I see someone struggling, angry, mean for no reason, agitated, etc. I try and give them the benefit of the doubt because you really never know what a person may be going through. I'm sorry about the cat. I'm happy you guys are all uninjured.

I'm really sorry about that and my thoughts are with you guys.

P.S. I tell my wife that I have internet friends all of the time. To tell you the truth, some of my best friends that I've ever had I met on the internet. Our forum has a great group of people! I'm sure that they share thoughts and prayers with you

Wow. Sorry to hear that Upstate. Our thoughts will be with you and your family. If you need anything don’t hesitate to reach out.

Go Orange
This is awful. I'm so very sorry. I'm glad you and the rest of your family and girlfriend are OK.
Try and hang tough, brother

So sorry to hear this, Upstate. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Glad you're all ok. Sorry to hear about Dino, but like others said, maybe he's hiding somewhere. Fingers crossed.

That is just terrible. My thoughts are with you. The loss of your beloved pet is tragic but hopefully you can take comfort in the fact that your family and you are safe. It is a cliche but you can always get more things but people are irreplaceable.

Wow...I really feel for you, Upstate. Best wishes for you and yours during such a horrible time. If you have immediate needs, please let us know...

Dislike. I'm really sorry to hear this, but glad everyone is ok except for the poor cat.

Do they know what happened? Might be one small positive that you can help prevent it for someone else. It's something I worry about all the time.

My best to you and your family working through this.

Damn man. This is awful all around. My thoughts are with you. Especially the lost of a pet, that's absolutely awful. Sorry bro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom