Hey Friends | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hey Friends

So sorry about the fire but happy that your family is safe. Please tell us if there’s a go fund me site created etc. Hoping that insurance will cover your devastating losses. Please keep us informed how things are going and if there’s anything specific where we can help.

My house burned down this morning. I live at home with my family and my girlfriend. It’s looking like we lost everything, including one of our cats Dino (named after Babers, of course). I go to Cuse Law and my younger brother is going into his sophomore year at Cuse. It sucks he wasn’t living there now so he could have saved some of his stuff.

Anyways, I’m not coming here for people to feel bad or anything I just wanted a place to let it out to people I “don’t know.” I genuinely love this website and even though I’m on the younger side of the posters I consider you guys my (internet) friends.

Go Orange

Oh no. I am so incredibly sorry USM. So sorry for the loss of your kitty too. Is there a GoFundMe out there or some way we can help?

Upstate, so sorry this happened. As others have mentioned I hope Dino surfaces and if you have a gap with insurance amount/timing etc, I know this community will help as much as possible.

Better days ahead….

Thank heavens all of you are safe and well (hopefully Dino just ran and is still around). This is awful.

Don't hesitate to post here if there is anything any of us can do. It may seem insurmountable right now, but you'll get through it. Humans are resilient. Support your family and again, let us know if we can help in any way.

So sorry to hear about this. I'm pretty far away from Syracuse but am ready to help as I can, like the others. And like Tomcat, I hope Dino just fled, and that he strides back into your life soon.

I don't know if you're a rising 2L or 3L, but if there's any silver lining, at least this didn't hit you during or just before your exams. There's a lot of dirty lawyers in this crazy community. Let's be in touch as you continue your journey into the profession. Best of luck with everything.

Horrible news, but happy to hear you and your family are safe. And I know losing a pet is a second trauma on top of everything else. Hang in there. You will get through this. Let us know how you are doing and if there is any way we can be helpful.

Condolences. Hope you have insurance and a good idea of everything you have lost.

Sometimes animals get freaked out in fires. Maybe Dino is hiding in the woods and will come back in a day or two. I hope so. Hang in there!
Ditto regarding the insurance issues, and condolences.

A few years ago, my daughter's friend had a fire in her apartment. They didn't find her cat for a couple of days afterwards. They found it hiding inside the inner workings of her sofa. You never know where they might hide. Hope Dino turns up for you.

Sorry Upstate. Hard to see them now but clearly there are silver linings to what happened to you. And like Tom said maybe Dino just booked.

anyway, if you need anything just ask. If you come out west post Cuse law let me know and I can help you.

Sorry about this tragic speed bump man. Good luck to you and your family managing your way through this. Hopefully it brings you all closer together and makes you all stronger for having gone through it!

God bless.

My house burned down this morning. I live at home with my family and my girlfriend. It’s looking like we lost everything, including one of our cats Dino (named after Babers, of course). I go to Cuse Law and my younger brother is going into his sophomore year at Cuse. It sucks he wasn’t living there now so he could have saved some of his stuff.

Anyways, I’m not coming here for people to feel bad or anything I just wanted a place to let it out to people I “don’t know.” I genuinely love this website and even though I’m on the younger side of the posters I consider you guys my (internet) friends.

Go Orange
Wow. Talk about putting things in perspective.
Real sorry about Dino, but if he was microchipped maybe you can verify if he is really gone. Cats are instinctive and resilient as fkc, so he might've made it out somehow. Glad the family is safe.

Last edited:
I am truly sorry to hear of this. My best wishes for a better tomorrow.
So sorry about your pet.
Glad you and your loved ones are OK, things can be replaced, family can’t .
Be well !

Go Orange
Sorry to hear, I can’t imagine what you’re going through. Hang in there my friend.

I’m so sorry to hear this, Upstate. I hope Dino turns up and that the worst is behind you.

I am so sorry I didn’t see this earlier. If you need anything please don’t hesitate to ask the board and I am more than willing to help anyway I can.
This is brutal.

Hey UpstateSM, I wanted to add my voice and best wishes to those of your extended "family" here at SyracuseFan. It's stuff like this that brings out the best in us. I have been impressed by your attitude and touched by all the sincere good wishes and offers to help expressed in this thread.

Stay positive brother and reach out as needed.

Go Orange
Glad you're all safe. My girlfriend went through that about 10 years ago in high school. Whole house and stuff was basically toast. Just a few pieces of furniture we keep now in our house as sort of sentimental pieces. Hope all is well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom