Hey guys, the quickest ways to get a post deleted... | Syracusefan.com

Hey guys, the quickest ways to get a post deleted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cto

Administrator
The quickest ways to get a post deleted is:

1) To ask why a post was deleted or why someone was banned;

or 2) To repost a post that has been deleted.

One word to the wise should be sufficient.

Last edited:
The quickest ways to get a post deleted is:

1) To ask why a post was deleted or why someone was banned;

or 2) To repost a post that has been deleted.

One word to the wise should be sufficient.
taken, but still upset

Last edited by a moderator:
That post was up for the blink of an eye, no more, no less.

I posted a 2 sentence reply in it as the 2nd reply and when I hit "post reply" it was already gone. ;)

Come on CTO, look at the success of Peoples' Court, and the plethora of court room shows that followed in it's wake. There is something about justice that nears universal appeal, at least to some extent. It's hard to argue that some court cases(or threads about being banned) aren't entertaining. Of course I realize that is a matter of perspective, but we are here for entertainment and to be informed as well(although I'd say to a lesser extent), and I think said threads accomplish both. I think it's better to learn about electric fences by reading about them than having to experience them yourself(although as a youngin' I found out from experience not all of them are that bad ;) ).

I don't believe I've been banned, but in my earlier days on scout and probably here I think I was berated in threads by some mods and that helped keep me in line I suppose. I tend to try to help out those who seem at a disadvantage, and sent the poor fellow a PM to contact one of the online mods, as much as myself and many others would have enjoyed such a thread for our own various reasons. ;) Of course if I hadn't seen it in the blink it was there, I couldn't have sent the helpful suggestion and who knows what kind of untold horror would have ensued. I hope my intended lighthearted tone is coming through in this post, as sometimes it loses something in translation.

Beyond facing godlike power of extinction or even courts, maybe the subjects(members) could be tossed into a separate forum and dealt with gladiator style? The winner gets unbanned. I picture some of them may be costumed, but instead of wearing bull head masks, would instead have masks such as the screaming Baye face. Hey, as practical as my father was, he once told me the person that invented those sticky mini-octopi that you throw against walls and watch them flop slowly down must have made a fortune off their idea. In like manner, I'm throwing what I can against the wall and seeing what sticks. I am reminded of the quote from Schindler, "Power is when we have every justification to kill, and we don't". I beseech you, please don't kill our octopi, they mean no harm.

I posted a 2 sentence reply in it as the 2nd reply and when I hit "post reply" it was already gone. ;)

Come on CTO, look at the success of Peoples' Court, and the plethora of court room shows that followed in it's wake. There is something about justice that nears universal appeal, at least to some extent. It's hard to argue that some court cases(or threads about being banned) aren't entertaining. Of course I realize that is a matter of perspective, but we are here for entertainment and to be informed as well(although I'd say to a lesser extent), and I think said threads accomplish both. I think it's better to learn about electric fences by reading about them than having to experience them yourself(although as a youngin' I found out from experience not all of them are that bad ;) ).

I don't believe I've been banned, but in my earlier days on scout and probably here I think I was berated in threads by some mods and that helped keep me in line I suppose. I tend to try to help out those who seem at a disadvantage, and sent the poor fellow a PM to contact one of the online mods, as much as myself and many others would have enjoyed such a thread for our own various reasons. ;) Of course if I hadn't seen it in the blink it was there, I couldn't have sent the helpful suggestion and who knows what kind of untold horror would have ensued. I hope my intended lighthearted tone is coming through in this post, as sometimes it loses something in translation.

Beyond facing godlike power of extinction or even courts, maybe the subjects(members) could be tossed into a separate forum and dealt with gladiator style? The winner gets unbanned. I picture some of them may be costumed, but instead of wearing bull head masks, would instead have masks such as the screaming Baye face. Hey, as practical as my father was, he once told me the person that invented those sticky mini-octopi that you throw against walls and watch them flop slowly down must have made a fortune off their idea. In like manner, I'm throwing what I can against the wall and seeing what sticks. I am reminded of the quote from Schindler, "Power is when we have every justification to kill, and we don't". I beseech you, please don't kill our octopi, they mean no harm.

Let's see, where do I start.

1) It is a good idea, every so often, to remind people of some of the no-no's here. Mainly because we constantly get new posters who may not be aware of them. From day one on syracusefan.com, the surest way to get a post deleted ... is to ask why another post was deleted. Similarly, if a post is deleted once, rest assured it will be deleted again... if posted a second time.

2) The post(s) in question asked why a Newbie was banned for something he said during the UVA game. I have zero idea why he was banned because I was at the UVA game and never saw the post in question. The mods here work as a team... and we don't question a decision by another mod. It is difficult enough being a mod here; we are not going to fight among ourselves. When I saw his two posts asking why he was banned ... it was a no-brainer to delete them.

3) If we did not have these policies, the board would be awash in threads asking about deleted posts. Such threads are not what folks come here to read. Anyone who has been here for a while knows not to start such threads. And it is a good idea to occasionally explain this... because we constantly welcome new posters here.

Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online