Hima appreciation post | Syracusefan.com

Hima appreciation post

Cuse_NYC

Starter
He looked very good yesterday. Active on the glass on both ends and moved well. Actually got the tough end of some whistles on phantom over the back calls. Nice to see that he looks like a capable backup at this point.

I agree. I noticed that he generally had good positioning on both ends of the floor. He was boxing out and disrupting a lot of shots on defense. He is further along than I thought he was when he was initially described. I can see him averaging 4 ppg, 4 rpg, and 2 bpg in 10-15 minutes. I think he won't see the phantom over the back calls playing against taller opponents.

He looked very good yesterday. Active on the glass on both ends and moved well. Actually got the tough end of some whistles on phantom over the back calls. Nice to see that he looks like a capable backup at this point.
Agree. Obviously have to consider the competition, but he looks like a serviceable backup at this point. Now I don't want Jesse to get hurt and need him for 25-30 minutes but I'm comfortable with what I see in a backup role.

I thought with Hima coming in this season, that he’d be a strong… but also slow, lumbering, & unskilled.

Today, I was reminded again against Georgetown that’s not the case. I’m appreciative of how quickly he gets up to contest shots, I think it catches the opposing players off guard by it as much as it does me, haha, he’s definitely not cemented to the floor. He’s built well & really moves pretty lightly with a guy of his size. Definitely a backup to Edwards, but man what an important asset with Edwards propensity for foul trouble.

Hima appreciation post!

I think solid is a great description. Clearly it is a hit when Jesse goes out with fouls, but it's not a disaster. Hima holds his own and has a few positive plays too.

A bit of an under sell here. He makes it really difficult for any team to finish around the rim with him in there and he is tough to rebound around. Also he was better but still needs work on jumping too soon. That said he is a bigtime rim protector.

He is improving every game he plays, making contributions and changing how the middle is attacked by opposing players. I’m impressed and hope his offensive skills develop enough where he can be the #1 center when Jesse moves on.

He’s a great backup center. Still think we should get a really great portal center this offseason but Hima has learned the zone pretty well
We finally have something to sell a big man. The Jesse improvement in skill set combined with the fact we are essentially running our offense through him should get us a high level guy to replace Jesse. Hima is the perfect 12mpg backup 5 for the zone.

He seems to be a very intelligent player and has decent hands as well.

On another note...I'm assuming Carey is redshirting and Brown will be the 3rd Center.

He might also be a big reason for Jesse’s improvement. It’s great that Jesse goes against him everyday in practice. Jesse has to play strong against him. Frank was ok, but not nearly as big or strong. Hima has an amazing reach. I think we had eight blocks from our centers yesterday. Not bad. Hima would average at least five a game if he played thirty minutes.

Addition by subtraction...Hima is a far better defensive player then Anselm was last year

Exceeding expectations. He is a plus defender, good rebounder, and gets points when they are available. I think this pickup is much better than folks thought. Definitely nice to get Jesse a breather plus someone to improve every day in practice.

I love what Hima is doing but we still need to portal for a starting center, no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom