Hima | Syracusefan.com

Hima

swish7

All Conference
Needs to have his hands up and ready at all times. You never know when you are going to be called on to make a small play that makes a future big play possible.

I thought he did some good things. You know, he bothered Bacot a bit. But, his energy was a bit off. Quite a few small mistakes with slow 'why did that ball come my way that fast?' reactions. Ambling slowly back down the court complaining about a past that cannot be changed.

Need to be in the moment, ready to go, and succeeding at the small things.

You usually see more Bol Ajak type competitiveness out of him.

Only bringing him up because the other factors (refs, Mintz flagrant, and Joe's turnover) are a bit exhausted.

Needs to have his hands up and ready at all times. You never know when you are going to be called on to make a small play that makes a future big play possible.

I thought he did some good things. You know, he bothered Bacot a bit. But, his energy was a bit off. Quite a few small mistakes with slow 'why did that ball come my way that fast?' reactions. Ambling slowly back down the court complaining about a past that cannot be changed.

Need to be in the moment, ready to go, and succeeding at the small things.

You usually see more Bol Ajak type competitiveness out of him.

Only bringing him up because the other factors (refs, Mintz flagrant, and Joe's turnover) are a bit exhausted.

I thought the same thing.

I just posted this in the post game thread.
Hima seemed slow to react a couple of times. He just stood there for the ball in the face after one save and Joe's save under their basket. I thought he would have been able to catch Joe's save or at least stop the NC player from catching it. I wonder if he was under the weather.

his teammates got on his case last night to. There was open jawing going on, albeit brief but still. He wasn't ready to play last night.
That makes sense. Yeah, I thought I saw a bit of that. He was not ready for the moment. He could have cemented a small legacy, ala Jeremy McNeil. Maybe with possess those two balls, and follow it up by scoring on Bacot or blocking him or whatever.

He's been fine all year for a backup center that had no recruiting buzz. I mean we are wasting a scholarship on Carey who is a 'project' and isn't even a consideration to play. He has had a solid year its not like we have to consider Williams or Brown as the second 5 behind Jesse.

They had the edge at C last night we all knew this.

Can Carey claw ahead of him next year or are we going to waste another year developing a center who will probably amount to nothing and transfer?

He's been fine all year for a backup center that had no recruiting buzz. I mean we are wasting a scholarship on Carey who is a 'project' and isn't even a consideration to play. He has had a solid year its not like we have to consider Williams or Brown as the second 5 behind Jesse.

Can Carey claw ahead of him next year or are we going to waste another year developing a center who will probably amount to nothing and transfer?
Hima has been awesome all year, IMO. In fact, I was arguing for more playing time for him at one point.

Last night, those little moments, seemed out of character for him.

Actually thought he did a good job getting under Bacot's skin.

Definitely not a wasted scholarship.

Carey has been hurt and had surgery.

In his defense; With the last save by Girard Hima had been stiff armed in the throat by Baycott about 1/2 second prior.

AND - Hima prolly never expected an experienced senior leader and coach on the floor to make such a stupid rookie mistake like trying to save a ball out of bounds under his own basket.
Again.

It’s hard to react when you’re completely dumbfounded by a zero-IQ play like that.

Hima has been awesome all year, IMO. In fact, I was arguing for more playing time for him at one point.

Last night, those little moments, seemed out of character for him.

Actually thought he did a good job getting under Bacot's skin.

Definitely not a wasted scholarship.
Very much agree. He has shown plenty of upside. Can see him becoming a Moussa Keita type of guy, if that can still exist in today's game.

Wait a minute we are on Hima's back for taking a ball in the face from 3 feet away thrown fairly hard by a guy falling out of bounds under the basket, and for the non-pass Joe tried to throw to him also under the basket?
Both plays never should have happened if he boxed out and grabbed the ball before that. He was awful last night subbing for Jesse.

Last edited:
Wait a minute we are on Hima's back for taking a ball in the face from 3 feet away thrown fairly hard by a guy falling out of bounds under the basket, and for the non-pass Joe tried to throw to him also under the basket?
hands up and he might have had a chance. the joe one he ducked.

Hima was Hima. Why we put ourselves in positions where we rely on him with the ball is beyond me. Joe should have never gone for that ball.

Jesse was a bigger concern last night imo. He forces too many bad shots and doesn’t take advantage of mismatches. He’s still a work in progress.

Hima was Hima. Why we put ourselves in positions where we rely on him with the ball is beyond me. Joe should have never gone for that ball.

Jesse was a bigger concern last night imo. He forces too many bad shots and doesn’t take advantage of mismatches. He’s still a work in progress.
Boxing out and grabbing a rebound should not be too much for a backup center. The fact that Girard is getting more heat for going after the ball that was off of him is a bit ridiculous to me. This is two years in a row we have either lost or gone into OT because we couldn't grab a damn free throw rebound.

Boxing out and grabbing a rebound should not be too much for a backup center. The fact that Girard is getting more heat for going after the ball that was off of him is a bit ridiculous to me. This is two years in a row we have either lost or gone into OT because we couldn't grab a damn free throw rebound.
Not smart of Joe, but it’s not even in the top 10 things that we did that was dumb. It’s worse than it was because it went right to the guy. It goes off someone’s leg and he was a hero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom