Hip Hop thread | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

Griselda films

Nice! The work ethic of that crew is crazy.

WSG has put out two albums in 2020 already, Conway’s put out two EPs, and looks like this is what Benny has been up to as well as numerous features. Can’t wait for the next Benny album.

Nice! The work ethic of that crew is crazy.

WSG has put out two albums in 2020 already, Conway’s put out two EPs, and looks like this is what Benny has been up to as well as numerous features. Can’t wait for the next Benny album.
Was checking out Stove God Cooks. He's getting a lot of hype by everybody. Gotta love his Syracooks hoodie. Upstate is getting a lot of pub, I like it.

Was checking out Stove God Cooks. He's getting a lot of hype by everybody. Gotta love his Syracooks hoodie. Upstate is getting a lot of pub, I like it.

Yeah, I like his album a lot. He raps hungry!

I see WSG put him on a bunch of songs on his new album which has to help get his name out there even more. I gotta listen to that album.

Yeah, I like his album a lot. He raps hungry!

I see WSG put him on a bunch of songs on his new album which has to help get his name out there even more. I gotta listen to that album.
Yeah, he's good, and the production by Roc is top notch. Line that made me literally lol, "always gonna be one Solange in an elevator."

Streams of Thought Vol. 3 coming July 30.

That new fatherhood themed Skyzoo EP is great. Skyzoo is as consistent as they come.

Interesting article. My personal favorites all time; Kool Herc, Cash Money, Jazzy Jeff, Tony Touch, Clue, Marley Marl. I've exchanged what's ups, with Jazzy Jeff while I was at his show like 15 years ago, have seen Grandmaster Flash, and just 2 years ago saw EPMD and DJ Scratch. Scratch and Jeff were the most impressive DJs I've seen live. Scratch out shined EPMD at their show. It was epic, he went on to do a show within a show.

I will say, I have to give a huge amount of credit to Stretch Armstrong. If you haven't seen his and Bobbito's documentary 'Stretch and Bobbito; radio that changed lives', it's a must must watch. It's on Netflix now, but a few years ago it was on HBO or Showtime, can't remember. It's mind blowing for what they're responsible for and how they started. They basically are responsible for the biggest names in hip hop even being discovered. On their show they hosted Biggie when he wasn't known by anyone, and he lost his first freestyle battle. They're the reason Wu Tang got on, Nas, etc. The stories are crazy. Even borderline fans of hip hop would get something out of this documentary.

Last edited:
I tuned in for most of it. Really enjoyed it!
Without question my number 1 and 2 of my youth. Snoop with Doggystyle was my intro around 12/13 and then DMX was it for 3 or 4 years straight.

Without question my number 1 and 2 of my youth. Snoop with Doggystyle was my intro around 12/13 and then DMX was it for 3 or 4 years straight.
Ok perfect timing. So I was just beginning to research how to watch the verzuz battles. Is it true I have to have Instagram? I mean battle rapping is the pinnacle to me. This is genius to bring this back in a new way. I’ve never been on any social media besides this site in my life, but if that’s what I gotta do I’ll do it.

Ok perfect timing. So I was just beginning to research how to watch the verzuz battles. Is it true I have to have Instagram? I mean battle rapping is the pinnacle to me. This is genius to bring this back in a new way. I’ve never been on any social media besides this site in my life, but if that’s what I gotta do I’ll do it.

Instagram, Apple Music, or Apple TV I believe.

Though they aren’t battle rapping...they’re going back and forth playing their songs or verses from songs they featured on, etc. These two were performing their songs. Like DMX did Slippin’, and then Snoop countered with Murder Was the Case. 20 rounds.

I think my favorite part of these things are the extra stuff though. The stories behind some of the songs they sometimes tell, Snoop dancing and basically being DMX’s hype man all night...DMX getting up and rapping Snoop’s entire B****** Ain’t S*** verse alongside him and Snoop being surprised that he knew the verse like that, DMX singing Nate Dogg’s part on Ain’t No Fun, the freestyling at the end, etc. Just a lot of fun. Basically a celebration.

I don't have Instagram or Facebook or any of that stuff either. I just found that link searching on Google. I just finished the 2 hours and it made me smile and laugh all morning.

I think my favorite part of these things are the extra stuff though. The stories behind some of the songs they sometimes tell, Snoop dancing and basically being DMX’s hype man all night...DMX getting up and rapping Snoop’s entire B****** Ain’t S*** verse alongside him and Snoop being surprised that he knew the verse like that, DMX singing Nate Dogg’s part on Ain’t No Fun, the freestyling at the end, etc. Just a lot of fun. Basically a celebration.
When DMX said if he had to take his shirt of that they would like like the number 10, I about fell outta my seat.

Instagram, Apple Music, or Apple TV I believe.

Though they aren’t battle rapping...they’re going back and forth playing their songs or verses from songs they featured on, etc. These two were performing their songs. Like DMX did Slippin’, and then Snoop countered with Murder Was the Case. 20 rounds.
Ok now I get it. Love the concept, great idea. I already know I’ll end up watching every one of them, even the R&B ones.

When DMX said if he had to take his shirt of that they would like like the number 10, I about fell outta my seat.

LOL, that was hilarious. It was nice to see DMX seemingly doing well.

Ok now I get it. Love the concept, great idea. I already know I’ll end up watching every one of them, even the R&B ones.

I watched DJ Premier/RZA and loved it.

Also watched Teddy Riley - Babyface - the first attempt was a disaster as Teddy couldn’t get his sound working. Though it was comical.

I missed the other ones.

Here’s RZA/Premier...

One aspect I enjoy watching on IG is seeing all the comments come across the screen. All of the “somebodies” comments tend to be the ones getting through and showing up. So you got Timbaland, Fabolous, Warren G, LL Cool J, etc. commenting all night. Kinda adds to it for me.

Here’s RZA/Premier...

One aspect I enjoy watching on IG is seeing all the comments come across the screen. All of the “somebodies” comments tend to be the ones getting through and showing up. So you got Timbaland, Fabolous, Warren G, LL Cool J, etc. commenting all night. Kinda adds to it for me.
Just watched this, my first one. I like it. This one was a little technical difficulty challenged, but I'll take it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom