Hip Hop thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

The Jalen Rose video reminded me of this MM interview....I thought Jalen Rose was going to say he could drive around right now and everyone would know him still to this day. He went with Detroit over Hawaii though instead.

The ODB story ain't that great btw

This is a great point. Summer 2013, I saw LL, Public Enemy, Ice Cube, and De La Soul. It was a great show. Would far rather see legends with a catalogue of hits that know how to perform and a crowd that actually likes the music than anyone else. I love that this Nas/Wu tour seems to have done so well and regret that I couldn’t catch it….crazily I don’t even think they came to NY. I was considering going to CT for it but couldn’t quite pull it off.

Not sure who’s weirder these days, Puff or Mase?

Guess Mase isn’t a pastor anymore?

They’ll be on some Bad Boy reunion tour pretending to be friends within 5 years

Freddie Gibbs’ new one is good too. I like Boldy James new one too.

Those two plus Rome Streetz all came out last Friday. I can’t get over how many good albums there have been this weekend.

A new Prodigy album came out too, haven’t even listened yet.

Going to check out Cormega’s new one tomorrow.

Cormega’s new album is really good! Got a song with Nas, produced by Alchemist called “Glorious” on there.

And speaking of Alchemist - grabbed the silver vinyl(tried for the gold but it sold out within seconds, silver didn’t last much longer) of “Super Tecmo Bo” - his album with Boldy James.

Possibly the greatest album cover I’ve ever seen?
th

Cormega’s new album is really good! Got a song with Nas, produced by Alchemist called “Glorious” on there.

And speaking of Alchemist - grabbed the silver vinyl(tried for the gold but it sold out within seconds, silver didn’t last much longer) of “Super Tecmo Bo” - his album with Boldy James.

Possibly the greatest album cover I’ve ever seen?
th

Ha! That's fantastic

Living Gibbs new album! He never misses - his flow is top tier.

Ghost
I feel like the absurd humor found all over this album would be up your alley. This is a concept album of an underground group from “West Bubblef*ck Idaho” doing whatever they could to get a record deal, imitating anyone and everyone. Recorded in a dorm room.

I was going to post the DMX impression “Pain 4 My Dogs”, because it was in my head but couldn’t find it by itself. Song is at the 8:32 mark. But the whole album is on YouTube. Pure comedy IMO.

Ghost
I feel like the absurd humor found all over this album would be up your alley. This is a concept album of an underground group from “West Bubblef*ck Idaho” doing whatever they could to get a record deal, imitating anyone and everyone. Recorded in a dorm room.

I was going to post the DMX impression “Pain 4 My Dogs”, because it was in my head but couldn’t find it by itself. Song is at the 8:32 mark. But the whole album is on YouTube. Pure comedy IMO.

This is what I'm vibing on with this team/season!!

Guru and Premier!!

I won't cause it is!! I saw them live back in the days at Skytop and Fife just blew me away! Dude could flow.
Damn I wish I saw them at some point. I wasn’t even of enough and didn’t really have the money to go to shows until they were past their initial prime and in their on and off phase.

But later career, I saw De La, LL, Cube, Public Enemy. Amazing to see any of those legends. But damn, I wish got to see Tribe too!

Damn I wish I saw them at some point. I wasn’t even of enough and didn’t really have the money to go to shows until they were past their initial prime and in their on and off phase.

But later career, I saw De La, LL, Cube, Public Enemy. Amazing to see any of those legends. But damn, I wish got to see Tribe too!
You saw the greats!!

I could tell you a few stories being around that scene in Syracuse back in the day. We used to bring rappers to the city in these small places and clubs (remember nowhere city?) or the students would bring them to the underground or skytop in the spring. Prolly Couldn't afford the artist now a days, they're doing burning man fcol!

My geekiest moment came meeting KRS at one of the rest areas on the thruway. I was heading to Niagara Falls with my girlfriend and she got to really see my un-cool self, cause that picture with KRS was happening. No cell phone, just the remaining snaps on a disposable kodak camera. I was even able to crop the old girlfriend out so I could keep a snap hanging in my cave after i got married.

I’ve been a fan of rapping right over the top of the soul sample vocals ever since Ghostface started doing it.

Love this one…

Also, tell me that album cover isn’t genius for the album title “Intros, Outros, and Interludes”. Look at it, and think about it lol. Amazing.

Last edited:
Also, I think Vince Staples’ album is what I wish Kendrick’s album was.

I like Kendrick’s album but other than a couple songs, I have to REALLY be in the mood to throw it on.

Vince’s album I can throw on at any time and let it play all the way through. Possibly my album of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom