Historic Gift Launches Syracuse Into ACC | Syracusefan.com

Historic Gift Launches Syracuse Into ACC

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse University today announced a transformational gift of $1 million from Syracuse Board of Trustees Chairman Dick Thompson and his wife Jean to advance SU athletics and celebrate today's historic move to the Atlantic Coast Conference. The gift will be used to enhance the overall student-athlete experience and to continue to help build the competitive excellence of Orange athletic teams.

http://suathletics.com/news/2013/7/1/GIFT7113.aspx

images

Dang I think I just fell behind in the race to get the naming rights for the IPF. And the MSOrange Indoor Practice Facility had such an ice ring to it also!

Unimpressed, Bees replies: PPPfffttt...that ain't nothing...That is pocket change to me. On the day Oklahoma announces thier move to the Big 10, I will overshadow their news and announce my donation to Syracuse University...Then you will see what a real donation is!!...wait and see...*laughs manaically"...

DIck and Jean are really good people, and Dick is a serious SU basketball fan who attends almost an many games as I do (he lives in the DC area).

CTO you better step it up then... Having your name on a Newhouse classroom and the Melo Center is no longer enough... :) just kidding! Thanks for all your support!

Syracuse University today announced a transformational gift of $1 million from Syracuse Board of Trustees Chairman Dick Thompson and his wife Jean to advance SU athletics and celebrate today's historic move to the Atlantic Coast Conference. The gift will be used to enhance the overall student-athlete experience and to continue to help build the competitive excellence of Orange athletic teams.

http://suathletics.com/news/2013/7/1/GIFT7113.aspx

Very nice, and important to SU.

But, did anyone see the amount just donated to Stanford by an alum?

$151M.

Man, that's a whole different world.

Very nice, and important to SU.

But, did anyone see the amount just donated to Stanford by an alum?

$151M.

Man, that's a whole different world.

Stanford has a 17 billion dollar endowment, is the Harvard of the west coast, etc. etc. That's a general purpose gift anyways.

Donovan, please bring your checkbook when you come to the Dome to get your jersey retired!!!:rolleyes:

DIck and Jean are really good people, and Dick is a serious SU basketball fan who attends almost an many games as I do (he lives in the DC area).

Can HE get tickets to the Verizon? lol