Hobart Vs Colgate | Syracusefan.com

Hobart Vs Colgate

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
5-2 Hobart at half. Caught a decent amount of the 2nd quarter. Hobart offense is dangerous but that D despite holding Colgate to only 2 goals is very suspect. Hard to fathom we lost to this Colgate team, they look lost.

5-2 Hobart at half. Caught a decent amount of the 2nd quarter. Hobart offense is dangerous but that D despite holding Colgate to only 2 goals is very suspect. Hard to fathom we lost to this Colgate team, they look lost.

No film on the coach, some jitters for cook and other younger guys, lots of goals scored due to mistakes by o mids stuck on D (something that has improved MASSIVELY over the past few games), didn't fully unleash the buttermore, and just a general flatness from the guys. It's a shame we will get punished for it no matter how good we do the rest of the season (see cornell not getting a home game last year), but we knew the potential consequences and we still played flat, which was maddening. We deserve whatever lower tourney spot we get as a result of that.

No film on the coach, some jitters for cook and other younger guys, lots of goals scored due to mistakes by o mids stuck on D (something that has improved MASSIVELY over the past few games), didn't fully unleash the buttermore, and just a general flatness from the guys. It's a shame we will get punished for it no matter how good we do the rest of the season (see cornell not getting a home game last year), but we knew the potential consequences and we still played flat, which was maddening. We deserve whatever lower tourney spot we get as a result of that.

Agreed, a lot of little mistakes came together to doom us in that game. The offensive performance especially was just mind boggling. I think Voigt and Rehfuss were held without a point. Your second point I think is the larger concern in that the game will be held against us come tourney time. I had a feeling that loss would not hold up well despite how good Colgate looked that game and of course it didn't. I doubt they will even finish .500 at this point. As you noted the fact we came out playing like that despite knowing the consequences was confounding. Team has responded nicely but thats on that will likely come back to haunt us.

One thing that will be interesting against Hobart is that they seem to run only one true middie on their first 6 with the other two being attackmen who are middies in name only. Madonna the frosh from ESM seems to be the only true midfielder in the top six. Looks like Aslanian, Scott, Archer, Holden, Knox and Madonna are their top 6 if I am watching/reading correctly. Will be fascinating to see what we do defensively. Id assume we would pole Archer and take our chances with a SSDM on Scott and Madonna.

Final: Hobart 12-6

Also, Cornell 18-2 over the Bonnies. And ND 12-9 late over Michigan.

Bonus: in what looks like a fun game, Quinnipiac beat Hartford 17-16 in OT.

When will the Colgate unfaithful contact Murphy to return?

Hard to believe that we loss to that Gate team. Nauseating

Hobart was active and much quicker in dominating game. Their Cornell game suggested they were legit , this game confirmed Positive is we will walk in there expecting a real battle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom