Holy Cross Game Thread... | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Holy Cross Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's going to be a time when the sport comes to some sort of reckoning. Somehow some way someone needs to take a look at what it means to play defense and recognize that a 250 lb man running full speed at a QB has very few options that do not involve a) staying upright and hitting him helmet to helmet, b) lowering the head and being called for targeting, or c) going very low and being called for hitting low.
What is the defender supposed to do?

I remember one of our games last season Dungey responded like that after throwing a pass on 3rd down that was incomplete, and he finished the game and the season. Hopefully if anything is up with DeVito, it's something like that.

Northwestern coach just made ridiculous decisions going for 2 in a game where kicker apparently isn’t hurt. Anyone watching?

I remember one of our games last season Dungey responded like that after throwing a pass on 3rd down that was incomplete, and he finished the game and the season. Hopefully if anything is up with DeVito, it's something like that.
He probably would have played if we needed to but it’s 41-3 and he can go and get early treatment

Until 2004.
Are you really suggesting that QB numbers before 2004, and after, should be looked at the same way? It's really simple. If you throw the ball 5 x's more often, you're going to complete more passes, and more touchdowns.

First, yes. I think it is significant because it’s game 4. I think you’re just mad that the offense is doing better than you’re giving it credit for; wishbone offense be damned.

Second, we’ve had NFL QBs, we’ve had better offenses, we’ve been an all around better team in the past.

Tommy will likely be a top 10 passer ins this season by game 6. That’s pretty impressive by any metric, and it bodes well for the future.

And he had a minor labrum tear. They decided he did not need to have surgery thank god.

First, yes. I think it is significant because it’s game 4. I think you’re just mad that the offense is doing better than you’re giving it credit for; wishbone offense be damned.

Second, we’ve had NFL QBs, we’ve had better offenses, we’ve been an all around better team in the past.

Tommy will likely be a top 10 passer ins this season by game 6. That’s pretty impressive by any metric, and it bodes well for the future.
I give the appropriate amount of credit due a team that is averaging 27 ppg vs P5 teams. The offense is not doing well.
Not sure what you're seeing, but I watched an O=line that couldn't keep a clean pocket vs. a team that has 5 scholarship players...5.

Not sure why you mention the better QB's and teams we've had. I know. I agree. We've had better QB's and teams.

I think Tommy will hold every record by the time he leaves. I think he's a major talent, with an awful line. All I'm saying is comparing passing numbers today vs 20+ years ago, is like comparing running back stats in the NFL to rb stats 20 years ago. The game has evolved to the point where those statistics really need to be dissected.

And he had a minor labrum tear. They decided he did not need to have surgery thank god.

That happened in the Western Michigan game?

Is there a stream for the press conference?

That happened in the Western Michigan game?

He hopped around holding his arm in pain after a throw against FSU, I believe.

Not sure if that was the initial injury though.

He hopped around holding his arm in pain after a throw against FSU, I believe.

Not sure if that was the initial injury though.
Yeah isn’t that why devito came in last year? Dungey was back the next week though and there was no bye week

Yeah isn’t that why devito came in last year? Dungey was back the next week though and there was no bye week
Tommy went in vs FSU, because Eric got the eye injury.

So was it ND that dungey had the shoulder injury?

That was his back. I think his shoulder went dead just before a bye week cause after 2 weeks they decided no surgery and they taped him up pretty good and it slowly got a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.