Holy ship, anyone see that hit in the Nebr/Wiscy game? | Syracusefan.com

Holy ship, anyone see that hit in the Nebr/Wiscy game?

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Dude could've be seriously hurt on a blind side hit. Deserved penalty as the guy was completely defenseless and hit up high head to head.

The announcer going nuts that it was a bad call clearly didn't bother to watch a replay (or didn't want to correct himself after the replay and went all in on stupid), Nebraska kid launched himself into a helmet-to-helmet hit. he claimed it was a shoulder hit and the player didn't launch himself. What was he watching?!?!?

I thought it was a pretty awful call. It wasn't far from the play, it was only feet from the ball runner. He didn't launch. He lead with his shoulder. He hit the other guy in his shoulder. What is he honestly supposed to do in that situation?

this is launching? he never left his feet, he just ran into him with his shoulder down.

cornwham.0_standard_709.0.gif

It was a hard ing hit and that is all. Clean hard hit, lead with his shoulder didn't hit the guy in the head and didn't launch. Violent but clean hit.

I thought it was a pretty awful call. It wasn't far from the play, it was only feet from the ball runner. He didn't launch. He lead with his shoulder. He hit the other guy in his shoulder. What is he honestly supposed to do in that situation?
you do what I always used to do having been in that position many times back in the day. You yell as loud as you can before it so at least he can brace for the impact of a crushing hit and then you pull back on your momentum as well a bit, and as you hit you go horizontal avoiding the head which the guy didn't do. He went head to head, this on a defenseless player. No way that's an ok deal. Could've hurt the guy....(picture Mick from Rocky), couldn't hurt the guy permanently.

He absolutely did launch.

You couldn't be more wrong. The fact that the player throwing the block never comes close to losing his footing suggests otherwise. In fact, I'd suggest he let off.

you do what I always used to do having been in that position many times back in the day. You yell as loud as you can before it so at least he can brace for the impact of a crushing hit and then you pull back on your momentum as well a bit, and as you hit you go horizontal avoiding the head which the guy didn't do. He went head to head, this on a defenseless player. No way that's an ok deal. Could've hurt the guy....(picture Mick from Rocky), couldn't hurt the guy permanently.

LOL What I have never heard of yelling at a dude so he can hear you?!

It was a hard ******* hit and that is all. Clean hard hit, lead with his shoulder didn't hit the guy in the head and didn't launch. Violent but clean hit.
no way. He may not have launched in a way that can be seen, but he decidedly laid him out with force and impact. If he just let the guy run into him fine. Deserved the penalty

no way. He may not have launched but he decidedly laid him out with force and impact. If he just let the guy run into him fine. Deserved the penalty

So just a regular clean hit is a penalty? Ok.

Big boy football. Clean hit. Vicious but clean.

It was a hard ******* hit and that is all. Clean hard hit, lead with his shoulder didn't hit the guy in the head and didn't launch. Violent but clean hit.

In 2012, it isn't a clean hit. If you want to complain about how the game is called today, fine...but in 2012, that is (and has been all season) a penalty.

He hit him sideways, with the outside of his shoulder. You can even see his arm raise after the contact. It was obvious he neither lead with, nor make contact with the guys head.

this is launching? he never left his feet, he just ran into him with his shoulder down.

cornwham.0_standard_709.0.gif
of course it is and he did(hit him head to head as the angle from the other direction showed). Launching is not just with the feet but look at his arm and upper body afterward after delivering the blow as they flung the way it did. Flat out launching and the only reason the rest of his body and feet didnt come up too showing a "launch" was the nature of the blow with the guy so close as he made the hit. Hate guys like that. And anyone wonders why the next series the Wiscy lineman went for the NB Qb's knees. Watch this game it's gonna be ugly especially with the nature of this game with the score and that hit.

In 2012, it isn't a clean hit. If you want to complain about how the game is called today, fine...but in 2012, that is (and has been all season) a penalty.

Problem is he can't go low either or it's a penalty.

It sucks when they pussify football and the fans start falling for it. Looked like a good football play to me in a big game.

If he's one foot lower its a great block. There's a lot of room between a guy's head and his knees...

Yep I know he can calculate wind speed and all sorts of things with the amount of time he has to react on a play... I get what you are getting at but these things are reactionary, and that player was definitely capable of stopping that player from scoring a td it wasn't like the guy was completely out of the play.

LOL What I have never heard of yelling at a dude so he can hear you?!
you bet. Think about it. It's like a minor car accident. If your prep and brace for impact it lessens injury potential. Same here, gives the guy a second to brace and not get killed.

you bet. Think about it. It's like a minor car accident. If your prep and brace for impact it lessens injury potential. Same here, gives the guy a second to brace and not get killed.

Wow must have played with a lot of bad sportsmen never heard of such a thing.

He could have hurt him!!!!!

Its football, guys get hurt. What has happened to this sport?
you guys are nuts. You're not looking to mame or kill a guy. What is wrong with you guys. Look at the guys spine as he hits the ground. I work in spine care now a very long time. That type of hyperflexion could've cause permanent injury. And I can guarantee you that he will be injured tommorow and will have back problems going forward at some point. The bodies anatomy cannot handle that type of force.

You want to win the game, not permanently mame somebody for Gods sake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom