Home from the game, blame goes to | Syracusefan.com

Home from the game, blame goes to

stuckinbig11

All American
the worst officiating I have seen since my 12-yr-old granddaughter's middle school game. I was at courtside and saw it up close. We were getting hammered with no calls, and we were called for fouls that did not happen. This loss was not on the players or the coach. Period.

the worst officiating I have seen since my 12-yr-old granddaughter's middle school game. I was at courtside and saw it up close. We were getting hammered with no calls, and we were called for fouls that did not happen. This loss was not on the players or the coach. Period.

I agree, the officiating was tremendously bad today. Called it out when the game thread and got some pushback, but I believe you are correct

100% - 21-11 foul calls is atrocious at any level - I think there was likely some disparity, but it wasn’t more than a couple of Swider’s fouls as the difference, in my opinion.

I mean, Wake completely pooped the bed at the line so it didn't kill us the way a lot of people are saying.

Also, it was bad both ways. on our game tying play near the end of regulation when we swapped turnovers with Wake, Girard literally plastered the Wake ballhandler to get the ball back. It was a very blatant foul. We get called for that, they get FTs and we don't get the game tying score.

100% - 21-11 foul calls is atrocious at any level - I think there was likely some disparity, but it wasn’t more than a couple of Swider’s fouls as the difference, in my opinion.
Ehhh, they pounded the inside from halfway through the first half until the end of the game while we settled for mid range fadeaway, hook shots and theee pointers.

Girard literally plastered the Wake ballhandler to get the ball back. It was a very blatant foul. We get called for that, they get FTs and we don't get the game tying score.

I watched the last several minutes over, some in slo mo, and it didn’t appear Joe touched him. If he touched anything it was the ball. The guy fell on his own after losing the ball.

I watched the last several minutes over, some in slo mo, and it didn’t appear Joe touched him. If he touched anything it was the ball. The guy fell on his own after losing the ball.
That’s what I saw too. The Wake guy was dribbling with his left hand right next to Joe and Joe popped the ball free, the guy fell trying to reach for it. I don’t think he even saw Joe on his left or he certainly shouldn’t have been dribbling with his left hand. It was a loose ball and both Joe and Buddy almost collided trying to get to it. Buddy picked it up. Looked at it again because it was such a quick and good reaction. Here’s a video of it at the 1:19 minute mark.

I also thought looking at a few tapes of the game highlights, not one included the crucial out of bounds play at the end of regulation. A Wake Forest fan said he thought Buddy was being ‘mauled’ and was fouled regardless who the ball went off of. Maybe he was just being very gracious but would love to see some replays so it could be seen frame by frame too.

I wish Buddy had the feel to draw fouls but he constantly shies away from contact. You never see him ball fake in the lane or when guys rush at him. He goes games without shooting a foul shot. He has been to the line more this year, but he could make a living there.

Buddy gets hammered a ton to be honest
Yeah. The worst part of the officiating was them not calling body checking. Wake hit our guys every time they dribbled inside the arc. Every. Single. Time.

I mean, Wake completely pooped the bed at the line so it didn't kill us the way a lot of people are saying.

Also, it was bad both ways. on our game tying play near the end of regulation when we swapped turnovers with Wake, Girard literally plastered the Wake ballhandler to get the ball back. It was a very blatant foul. We get called for that, they get FTs and we don't get the game tying score.

Buddy also pushed off on his bully ball move at least once or twice.

Joe should have been called for a few fouls on his reaching on D. Especially in transition.

Like you said, Wake missed a million FTs as it were.

The most egregious call was the out of bounds at the end of the game. That call has to be correct in that moment.

Orange got up by 10 in the first and second halfs and both times the refs started calling fouls which fueled Wake runs to get back into the game. The ACC is a second rate league.

I rewatched as well. In real time it looks like a foul but bees is correct. It was a bad call.

I rewatched as well. In real time it looks like a foul but bees is correct. It was a bad call.

There was no call. You may be thinking of another play. The refs were right on that non call.

Obviously there are crappy officials calling games and yes that sux. I was really surprised about the in bounds call as well but Jesus can we run more than a 3rd grade level line play there to get someone open especially since we had just run it.

What are you talking about? Girard ran him over.

What are you talking about? Girard ran him over.
You must be talking about a different play. Bees is correct on the steal by Girard he did not foul the wake guy. Looked like a foul at first but the replay was clear. No foul and good hustle by Joe.

Cuse

Need to also take into consideration that two of the 11 fouls were made by WF to get Syracuse to 1-1 at end of regulation. So the actual count was more like 21 - 9!!

There was no call. You may be thinking of another play. The refs were right on that non call.
Your right. It was a non call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom