Homecoming 2019 | Syracusefan.com

Homecoming 2019

Book your place to stay now. Clemson fans will be staying in Utica by the time they start planning. Won't be a room in Syracuse. Have to start my research tonight.

Is it? Already guaranteed good turn out on that weekend, why not boost another less appealing matchup later in the Fall with Homecoming Weekend?

There was some social media buzz -- not a lot -- about this. I agree with you to an extent. There is way too much going on that weekend, IMO. It should be a sell out regardless of the Homecoming shift.

That being said, for a Homecoming group to see a packed Dome and/or be unable to even get tickets to the game might be a great thing, too. Create an atmosphere on the quad and around that weekend that hasn't been seen before.

Is it? Already guaranteed good turn out on that weekend, why not boost another less appealing matchup later in the Fall with Homecoming Weekend?

I think this is very smart. SU needs more alumni involvement and needs to drive attendance from out of towners. Now that the team is good it’s wise to give alums a highly attractive game to come back for and get them back in the fold more regularly. Having it the weekend of Holy Cross wasn’t going to do that.

I think this is very smart. SU needs more alumni involvement and needs to drive attendance from out of towners. Now that the team is good it’s wise to give alums a highly attractive game to come back for and get them back in the fold more regularly. Having it the weekend of Holy Cross wasn’t going to do that.
Maybe so. BC and Pitt are about as close to a yearly rival as we have, Homecoming should be against either of those two every year, imo...

Mid September is an awesome time in upstate NY. Book your rooms in Syracuse for game day, but spend a couple of extra days in the Finger Lakes, Old Forge or Thousand Islands. Rooms are dirt cheap after Labor day.

Homecoming .. hmm so many people who buy late will be out to lunch because Alumni will probably get dibs or be planning ahead.

I wouldnt plan it this way just because this is the one YR we have some hype in so long, but you probably sell ahead now and even not going 2-0 its still going to be packed.

And now you all know why I said I am not selling my Clemson tickets and will be at the game. I've known about this.Once a decision was made to change the original date, the University would have had to go into November, or back up a week or two for another home game weekend. I guess they could have done W. Michigan, but I am thinking the appeal for Clemson then became too much to pass over. We have been wondering if we could get College Game Day for this game. Now SU can pretty much guarantee a full or sold out dome, and plenty of fans to appear on the morning show. I think it is a win win situation, and SU made a smart marketing move to help get College Game Day and to show SU to the maximum potential. Think of all the recruits who will be watching. This is the optic that will work for us. Not a slightly fuller dome for a non National televised game against W. Michigan or Holy Cross. The Pitt game is already parent's weekend, and that could not be changed for a number of reasons. Got my seasons to use, and my hotel is booked, and I will be in the weekend before to take full advantage of seeing 2 games while in from AZ!!

Last edited:
Homecoming? Well then...

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

I know that I am already game planning for this one. Figuring warm weather still in early September, I will increase my intake of adult fluids prior to the game so that I do not completely sweat everything out in the first quarter like I did for the FSU game last year. That was an expensive yet very enjoyable day. Can not wait for this game. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!

The university is going all out to attract Gameday and make this the biggest atmosphere they possibly can. We need to do everything in our power to push this game as close as we can to a sell out. I’ll be buying up several tickets and selling them at face value to friends and family who want to attend. I know the board often buys tickets for either the military or for boys and girls clubs, I think this is the game for that. It’s the first home game of the year, we win it in front of a capacity (or near capacity) crowd and the attendance boost the excitement would create will be felt all season.

And now you all know why I said I am not selling my Clemson tickets and will be at the game. I've known about this. Holy Cross weekend interferes with the beginning of the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah which starts on Sunday evening around 5:30. Many people go to their families on Sunday for dinner. For those who live further away, or travel to family that weekend was going to be tough. The University would have had to go into November, or back up a week or two for another home game weekend. I guess they could have done W. Michigan, but I am thinking the appeal for Clemson then became too much to pass over. We have been wondering if we could get College Game Day for this game. Now SU can pretty much guarantee a full or sold out dome, and plenty of fans to appear on the morning show. I think it is a win win situation, and SU made a smart marketing move to help get College Game Day and to show SU to the maximum potential. Think of all the recruits who will be watching. This is the optic that will work for us. Not a slightly fuller dome for a non National televised game against W. Michigan or Holy Cross. The Pitt game is already parent's weekend, and that could not be changed for a number of reasons. Got my seasons to use, and my hotel is booked, and I will be in the weekend before to take full advantage of seeing 2 games while in from AZ!!
so did the school move it because it conflicted with Rosh Hashanah or because they worried about a sell out for Clemson? If it's the latter I think the decision is short sighted as the game is going to sell out - alums or not. In fact Clemson fans were reserving at local hotels the minute the schedule was announced and in a way SU hurt the returning alums by 1) screwing up the dates in the first place and 2) now having anyone come back for a weekend that the average hotel rate will be about 3 times the regular price. It all worked out for LSU and will here as well, but I think we might be crediting the foresight and vision of the school more than is actually deserved.

Now we just have to hope it's not a nooner :bang: . (please insert sarcasm font) I will be in my seasons loud and proud as always!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom