homecoming on amazon | Syracusefan.com

homecoming on amazon

tbonezone

Living Legend
brilliant cast. a premise with promise.( pharmaceutical company working on a PTSD drug).
shot in 2 screen ratios to denote time frame. but somehow it never came together for me.
the better binge watch was BARRY with bill hader. quirky and funny and dark .
homecoming just felt a tad vapid and predictable. kinda like the sci-fi channel meets hallmark . this plot and cast could have delivered so much more. what a waste. Barry blows this one away.

Last edited:
people i talked with were disappointed from the book version.

It felt hard to believe that the 2 main characters (played by Roberts and Carnivale) would have been qualified to have as much authority in their jobs at the mega corporation as they did. The show never featured higher-ups, really. maybe that was intentional; the shadowy workings between large corporations and the Defense Department and whatnot. And lacked the wackiness and humor of the Jonah Hill show.

I don't know anything about the book so wasn't aware of the premise. I don't think if I knew it would make a difference though, this show is bad. Some of the acting is great which kept me watching but overall, it's bad unless you like to watch shows that just aimlessly throw in 72 plot points with a bit of suspenseful music with no actual point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom