Honest question re: nuked threads & lost likes | Syracusefan.com

Honest question re: nuked threads & lost likes

Rocco

Watching you.
Official petition

When a thread gets nuked, why don't your number of posts go down, but your likes do? You're putting in all of the work of a like-worthy post, but then your profits (likes) get ripped right out from underneath you. For example, if tee1222 has a post that has 6 likes and it gets nuked, he loses the 6 likes but his 1 post stays in his stats. Makes your batting average look worse. Naaa whatta mean, beb?

A simple, yet attractive solution is when a thread gets nuked, all of your stats stay the same. No lost posts or likes, but no one can see the thread again and it is vanished into cyberspace. Boom.

Who's with me? If you agree, "Like" the petition. ;)

Yes, I'm pathetic, but artificially upset.

(this message/petition was paid for by Rocco's Meatballs & Cheeses)

My post counts did not go down, I've paid attention to that from the last several nuked threads.

I should probably worry about this seeing as I'm not all that likable to begin with . . . . . But it I just can't seem to muster up the necessary motivation too.

Aren't we #4/5?

My posts went down. Maybe since I have so few, they are more noticeable?

In other news, my likes are booming! :rolling:

A. Post counts go down when a thread is deleted.
B. I have bitcoin to sell you. It never gets deleted.

Bitcoin has been given a maximum value of $1300 by Merrill/BoA. I'll take 10 at $375.

Official petition

When a thread gets nuked, why don't your number of posts go down, but your likes do? You're putting in all of the work of a like-worthy post, but then your profits (likes) get ripped right out from underneath you. For example, if tee1222 has a post that has 6 likes and it gets nuked, he loses the 6 likes but his 1 post stays in his stats. Makes your batting average look worse. Naaa whatta mean, beb?

A simple, yet attractive solution is when a thread gets nuked, all of your stats stay the same. No lost posts or likes, but no one can see the thread again and it is vanished into cyberspace. Boom.

Who's with me? If you agree, "Like" the petition. ;)

Yes, I'm pathetic, but artificially upset.

(this message/petition was paid for by Rocco's Meatballs & Cheeses)
I have noticed that my posts go down too, after a nuked thread.
I think you have the isRocco flag set to true on your profile. Special exception. Post count doesn't go down in this case.

I have noticed that my posts go down too, after a nuked thread.
I think you have the isRocco flag set to true on your profile. Special exception. Post count doesn't go down in this case.

Hey tee- you should ask for overtime pay when a thread gets nuked and you have to make up for all the lost likes.

I've learned in my short time here, if you want to increase your like counts, just go ahead and post a photo of someone sitting in the Dome's upper tier in their skivvies, with a Sbarro box in the foreground. What could go wrong?

I've learned in my short time here, if you want to increase your like counts, just go ahead and post a photo of someone sitting in the Dome's upper tier in their skivvies, with a Sbarro box in the foreground. What could go wrong?
A better way is to do this tee1222, it guarantees he sees your post. After that... its inevitable.