Honeymoon period is officially over, but... | Syracusefan.com

Honeymoon period is officially over, but...

HyattsCuse

Scout Team
Personally, I'm looking forward to how this team and coaching staff responds. I'm guessing they were feeling pretty good about themselves at 2-0, received some positive press, their ego inflated a bit and Stanford came out with something to prove. As flat as they were today, they still had a chance to win (yes, that 4th down defensive coverage was insane).

I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, but a lot of season left and going to try to stay positive. I still like the culture Fran is building. Was also very cool to see Kyle at the press conference taking responsibility even though it was clearly Villari's fault on that interception. We have a leader at the QB position. That'll keep us competitive even on these off days.

Personally, I'm looking forward to how this team and coaching staff responds. I'm guessing they were feeling pretty good about themselves at 2-0, received some positive press, their ego inflated a bit and Stanford came out with something to prove. As flat as they were today, they still had a chance to win (yes, that 4th down defensive coverage was insane).

I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, but a lot of season left and going to try to stay positive. I still like the culture Fran is building. Was also very cool to see Kyle at the press conference taking responsibility even though it was clearly Villari's fault on that interception. We have a leader at the QB position. That'll keep us competitive even on these off days.

McCord had a god awful game yet still had us in position to win the game.

Just needed a stop from the defense.

don’t think this loss is as bad as all the doom and gloomers on here are making it out to be

don’t think this loss is as bad as all the doom and gloomers on here are making it out to be
Same. Even on the last play I was impressed by the coverage against a legit nfl guy. Grant and Lewis played well. Big drop off to Bellamy though. He got burned in coverage but made some nice tackles.

We need to clean up the line play and get Wilson back on D. I was glad fo see they made a switch at halftime with Cruz. He seemed to play better but spoon got abused every play. Washington seems too slow to be a tackle. Just got beat to the edge every time.

You can also see the big drop off from Haynes to Hatcher in terms of timing routes. Hatcher can’t run a back shoulder route for his life.

Stanford was a big physical team. I was surprised. Was expecting something else based on all the predictions. But they’ve out recruited us for decades so I really shouldn’t be. Too many people focus on preseason picks. We’ve got to beat peer programs consistently before people talk about more.

God awful? If that was god awful I can't imagine how profane your assessments of a hundred recent games by SU QBs are

Upon reflection I think the bye week was bad for us. It destroyed momentum.

I always felt the bye that early would not be a positive. I mean, we had a bye after the 2nd game of the season! It was Sept. 8th for crying out loud! In all of my years of watching football, etc. this is one of the more idiotic things I've seen. I get TV, scheduling, etc., but "Come on Man!" :(

I wouldn’t call his performance god awful by any stretch. One bad INT.

I wouldn’t call his performance god awful by any stretch. One bad INT.

For McCord is was

Bad night for him and as I said, he still had us in position to win

People need to take a chill pill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors