Hong Kong | Syracusefan.com

Hong Kong

Marty McFly

Resident Lurker
Planning a trip over a long weekend. What are the can't miss for first time visitors? We are not party people, so not looking for clubs/bars advice, or other nightlife debauchery, lol.

Two things I'd recommend:

Jumbo Floating Restaurant [very good seafood].

Also, they do evening boat cruises on Kowloon Bay, from which you can watch the nightly laser light show they do in Hong Kong. Hard to describe, but very fun / low key.

Hikeup to Victoria Peak on HKI for views of harbor & city. Check out the night market in Kowloon. Take the ferry from Kowloon to HKI. If you want to escape the city, head to the beach at Stanley for a little break.

Hikeup to Victoria Peak on HKI for views of harbor & city. Check out the night market in Kowloon. Take the ferry from Kowloon to HKI. If you want to escape the city, head to the beach at Stanley for a little break.

both Victoria Peak and the night market are good calls

also, here is another awesome tailor, and one a little easier to get to as it is near all the tourist stuff on Chatham St. Punjab House - Tailor-M | Hong Kong's Largest Tailor Platform

also, near there were some really cool things nearby like Kung Fu corner on Sundays Kowloon Park - Other Attractions - Kung Fu Corner

Last edited:
Planning a trip over a long weekend. What are the can't miss for first time visitors? We are not party people, so not looking for clubs/bars advice, or other nightlife debauchery, lol.

Girl that I sit next to at work is from Hong Kong. I can ask her for recommendations or are they possibly going to be too authentic for a vacation?

OP: Are you in China now?

I am heading to Chengdu in a few weeks. Getting the Visa was a little hairy.

Girl that I sit next to at work is from Hong Kong. I can ask her for recommendations or are they possibly going to be too authentic for a vacation?
Thanks for the offer! Can she recommend a good breakfast joint, and a low-key place that has good dim-sum? Would it be worth going to Macau for a day trip? Any of the beaten path places, or markets that should not be missed? Appreciate any help!

Dan: No not in China, appreciate the head's up on the Visa, if we decide to include it in our travel plans.

All the info here is really appreciated!

I just went through the Visa process. I'd recommend going through a company. It is pricey (300-400 USD PP), but I've heard that it is worth it vs the 100-200 you'd pay doing it by yourself. If you're interested, I can pass along the name of the company we used. They were excellent.

The Visa process takes some time, so plan ahead as much as possible.

I just went through the Visa process. I'd recommend going through a company. It is pricey (300-400 USD PP), but I've heard that it is worth it vs the 100-200 you'd pay doing it by yourself. If you're interested, I can pass along the name of the company we used. They were excellent.

The Visa process takes some time, so plan ahead as much as possible.

Please do pass that info along. That's one less headache, Thanks!

You don't need a Visa to go to Macau, but you need to have your passport with you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom