Hood is Duke's version of CJ | Syracusefan.com

Hood is Duke's version of CJ

Parker hasn't been playing well tonight, but it is amazing to me that Duke would have been Top 10 without him and they have looked like a one man team so far this year. He's a Carmelo level talent.

Parker or Hood need to shoot everytime down if Duke wants to win.

Parker hasn't been playing well tonight, but it is amazing to me that Duke would have been Top 10 without him and they have looked like a one man team so far this year. He's a Carmelo level talent.

Duke would be a mirage of a top10 team without Parker.

At this rate, CJ has no shot at ACC POY. It's funny how things have reverse since Melo. Remember he was snubbed for several honors because he was a freshman. Now people are more likely to give the accolades to freshmen because they are shiny new toys. If CJ and Parker ended up with identical stats, Parker gets the award.

Case in point: Vitale just now saying Carmelo had no capability to post up and Parker is a better player.

At this rate, CJ has no shot at ACC POY. It's funny how things have reverse since Melo. Remember he was snubbed for several honors because he was a freshman. Now people are more likely to give the accolades to freshmen because they are shiny new toys. If CJ and Parker ended up with identical stats, Parker gets the award.

Case in point: Vitale just now saying Carmelo had no capability to post up and Parker is a better player.

I nearly lost it when he said that. Melo is lethal in the post. It's honestly a joke that Vitale said that.

LMAO DukieV just saying that Melo and Parker are different kind of players because Parker can post up. LOL that is exactly what makes both of them so successful, they are face up jump shooters with great size and ball skills that can also post up. HEY Dick let Parker get his team a NC and then become an NBA allstar before anointing him.

I love PArker's game as well but come on man.

You guys need to be comparing the SU freshman Melo with Jabari. Melo wasn't as big and strong at that point in his career. We'll have to see how it plays out through the season, but right now I think Jabari is ahead of where Melo was at that point.

Yep. Said that a few weeks back. Hood and CJ are carbon copies. Nobody right now in college can compete with Parker's skill set at the F position.

You guys need to be comparing the SU freshman Melo with Jabari. Melo wasn't as big and strong at that point in his career. We'll have to see how it plays out through the season, but right now I think Jabari is ahead of where Melo was at that point.

Agreed. Parker is bigger and just as quick and skilled.

What were there lines in the first college games they played?

Forget that what did Parker do in the FF? :cool:

What were there lines in the first college games they played?

Forget that what did Parker do in the FF? :cool:

I hear ya but you can't pin a comparison based on what stage of the season two players from different times may or may have not reached or played in. I happen to agree with realorange. Parker has enough of a sample size already in Kansas now Arizona with McD players galore. Parker is a little stronger with a bigger body at the same stage and just as good and diverse of an offensive game, imo.

I hear ya but you can't pin a comparison based on what stage of the season two players from different times may or may have not reached or played in. I happen to agree with realorange. Parker has enough of a sample size already in Kansas now Arizona with McD players galore. Parker is a little stronger with a bigger body at the same stage and just as good and diverse of an offensive game, imo.

I think the kid is great! Complete offensive player coming in which is so sooo rare. I agree that Melo took a longer time to really work the post game than Parker but I don't think he didn't have the post game I think the staff had to work with him to use it more. Also thee is no doubt that Duke has a better group in place early season to make it easier on parker. As someone said earlier they'd have still been preseason top10 without him while we were unranked with Melo. My point really is lets wait and see. Melo was clearly the best college bball player that season and made a team that would have probably been an NCAA team with out him a national championship team. Its a rare feat but even if Duke wins it all Parker started off with more ready help IMO.

Melo was still very effective in the post and high post at Syracuse. And Parker isn't nearly as quick as Melo was, nor is he as good handling the ball as Melo was. I would definitely take Melo over Jabari right now unless Parker picks it up a little more. And I think he'll likely cool off if anything.

Edit: and this is coming from someone that is very high on Parker. But I think most of the people that say Jabari > Melo was simply don't remember how quick and skilled Melo was. Some of the moves he made, Jabari simply isn't capable of making unless he improves his quickness and ball handling.

Melo was still very effective in the post and high post at Syracuse. And Parker isn't nearly as quick as Melo was, nor is he as good handling the ball as Melo was. I would definitely take Melo over Jabari right now unless Parker picks it up a little more. And I think he'll likely cool off if anything.

You must not have seen some of Parker's coast to coast 1 on 5 dunks yet. He can handle the ball pretty darn well.

Parker is pretty much as quick as Melo or at least as able to get bye guys his size and his handle is pretty damn good.

I think the kid is great! Complete offensive player coming in which is so sooo rare. I agree that Melo took a longer time to really work the post game than Parker but I don't think he didn't have the post game I think the staff had to work with him to use it more. Also thee is no doubt that Duke has a better group in place early season to make it easier on parker. As someone said earlier they'd have still been preseason top10 without him while we were unranked with Melo. My point really is lets wait and see. Melo was clearly the best college bball player that season and made a team that would have probably been an NCAA team with out him a national championship team. Its a rare feat but even if Duke wins it all Parker started off with more ready help IMO.

All true. No doubt. I think he and Melo are probably the most versatile freshman we have seen in a LONG time. Durant was still more of a guard roaming around and chucking threes at Texas. He developed a his game a bunch in the pros.

You must not have seen some of Parker's coast to coast 1 on 5 dunks yet. He can handle the ball pretty darn well.
I did see those moves. I've watched all of his games so far. But I haven't seen him make the one dribble and then spin back into a fadeaway like Melo did easily where his defender simply wouldn't know where he was.

I did see those moves. I've watched all of his games so far. But I haven't seen him make the one dribble and then spin back into a fadeaway like Melo did easily where his defender simply wouldn't know where he was.

Don't think I have seen that either. Just think he is as quick and has a good if not better handle at their respective stages.

All true. No doubt. I think he and Melo are probably the most versatile freshman we have seen in a LONG time. Durant was still more of a guard roaming around and chucking threes at Texas. He developed a his game a bunch in the pros.

Agreed, especially with your Durant point which is why Texas didn't go too far even with the Rick Barnes handicap. I really cannot think of anyone since Melo that came in with such a complete game, Parker is the real deal.

That something that Parker has not shown, a signature move. Melo had the spin and the face up foot-fake freeze for the easy J.

So, if Hood is CJ (our best player) and Parker is Melo (our best freshman ever and one of the top 5 players for us all time), how much trouble is everyone in this year when they play Duke?

Parker also doesnt have the turnaround jumper in his arsenal. Melo had a pretty turnaround j at su that really made him unstoppable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom