Hop | Syracusefan.com

Hop

GooseMutt

All Conference
Looks like the real deal! Has the reins and control of the program. Put together a team of players he wanted and they him. Players are happy and team united. Fans are going nuts.

Can’t help but feel like we pulled a Boston and sold Babe Ruth. Jealous.

Guy waits 22 years, is loyal, and gets put in a terrible position by JB.
If he stays we land Stewart, QG, and who knows who else.
Its too bad it didn't go as planned.

Looks like the real deal! Has the reins and control of the program. Put together a team of players he wanted and they him. Players are happy and team united. Fans are going nuts.

Yep good for Hop. If Washington was in the ACC they would be lucky to be 7-3 at this point and there is no way they would be 10-0. Pac 10 is 2 bid conference at most and possibly one if Washington wins the tournament. Compare that to an 8-9 bid league with 5 or 6 top 15 teams and 2 of the best teams in the land. he's in a good spot to find success and it's correlating with Arizona and UCLA being way down

Cuse!

Kudos to Hop and Jen Cohen. In less than two years he has the UW relevant again in college basketball. She's a winner in this, too. His hire is in effect very similar to Dino Babers and SU football. Hop is a charismatic figure for players and fans. Fans have returned, the players he has are a team, he has a team of good recruits coming in next year, and he's leading the PAC-12 in his second year. To argue over his success is a tad petty at this point. He's rolling.

JB has never had a losing season and he's Hop's mentor. JB may not be as charismatic anymore, but there's no need to compare them. They both are success stories and motivating to SU & UW players, fans, & coaches individually and in combinations. Except for the kids Hopkins got to know while recruiting for SU, we don't overlap much. We also will rarely play them so there's no real competition.

I like cheering for two programs. They may not know me, but JB and Hop are both family to me and I'm proud of them. I hope Hop wins a national championship or two, like right after JB collects his last two and retires. I like his players and think we could use Nickerson and Thybulle at times. Overall, I think it would be a great thing if SU and UW meet in the NCAA tourney. Great stories can make for memorable events...

Last edited:
Kudos to Hop and Jen Cohen. In less than two years he has the UW relevant again in college basketball. She's a winner in this, too. His hire is in effect very similar to Dino Babers and SU football. Hop is a charismatic figure for players and fans. Fans have returned, the players he has are a team, he has a team of good recruits coming in next year, and he's leading the PAC-12 in his second year. To argue that he's a success is a tad petty at this point. He's rolling.

JB has never had a losing season and he's Hop's mentor. JB may not be as charismatic anymore, but there's no need to compare them. They both are success stories and motivating to SU & UW players, fans, & coaches individually and in combinations. Except for the kids Hopkins got to know while recruiting for SU, we don't overlap much. We also will rarely play them so there's no real competition.

I like cheering for two programs. They may not know me, but JB and Hop are both family to me and I'm proud of them. I hope Hop wins a national championship or two, like right after JB collects his last two and retires. I like his players and think we could use Nickerson and Thybulle at times. Overall, I think it would be a great thing if SU and UW meet in the NCAA tourney. Great stories can make for memorable events...
It’s like who do you like more your older brother or you’re younger brother. Just do miss hop

Guy waits 22 years, is loyal, and gets put in a terrible position by JB.
If he stays we land Stewart, QG, and who knows who else.
Its too bad it didn't go as planned.

If a guy is married to a woman for 22 years, and during the second half of the marriage he tries to pick up another woman a few times, but they turn him down (they preferred more experienced men, maybe), was he still faithful? Just askin.' :)

Last edited:
There’s no evidence that we would have gotten Stewart if Hop wasn’t here.

tumblr_nwzgqdEMX71uy82zoo1_500.gif

18-4, First place in the Pac 12, 3 games ahead of second place, winners of 11 in a row. Nice job, Mike.

the west coast has the sunshine and the girls all get so tan

Will be interesting this off season. He is going to get offers. Goooooood offers.
Hop will be getting new HC offers? I don’t see it. The only one that makes any sense, because it’s a more prestigious job and is closer to his family in SoCal, would be UCLA. But who wants to deal with that fan base?

UCLA job was the mention last night. of course he'd need bill walton's blessing. conference of champions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom