Hope thread view is coming | Syracusefan.com

Hope thread view is coming

swish7

All Conference
I LOVE the technology in place on this new forum. And if I had not seen the page on scout the other day, I'm sure Kaiser would have invited me personally in due time.

I do not like topic view.

Here is my vote for thread view as a new feature. With this board's excellent "hover" to preview the post feature, and thread view, I will be one happy camper.

I really don't like spending an hour clicking, and clicking through titles to follow a thread. Especially when people put nothing in their reply title, and then little of substance in the post.

With thread view and hover, we'll be able to, without clicking anything, get a great sense of what direction the topic is going in, and which specific posts merit further clicking.

I think someone brought this up in another thread, but I doubt it's coming because no one on the internet uses it anymore.

Amen. What Swish said. I don't care if no one on the internet uses it. Personally, I don't see how it is preferable to topic view, at least on a site with less than thousands of users.

Thread view would be perfect for a forum with one member. As long as nobody ever replied to a thread, ever, it would be the perfect set-up. :)

Thread view is far superior. This is inarguable. Bees said it may be coming with an upgrade. Let's hope so

Thread view is far superior. This is inarguable. Bees said it may be coming with an upgrade. Let's hope so

Thread view is superior to topic view like Zack Morris' cell phone is superior to my Android.

Thread view is superior to topic view like Myspace is superior to Facebook.

On an unrelated note I'm trading my laptop in for a Commodore 360.

Thread view is superior to topic view like Myspace is superior to Facebook.

So don't use it. Many of us would like to have the option. We get you think it's anitquated and that you prefer topic view.

On an unrelated note I'm trading my laptop in for a Commodore 360.

Do you mean Commodore 64? Or did I miss the full line of products that Commodore offered?

Here is why there shouldn't even be a choice. Those that prefer Thread view rarely use the quote feature; the resulting hodgepodge makes it more difficult to follow the conversation correctly. Let's stay in the 21st century and stick with the way it is now, it's perfect.

Here is why there shouldn't even be a choice. Those that prefer Thread view rarely use the quote feature; the resulting hodgepodge makes it more difficult to follow the conversation correctly. Let's stay in the 21st century and stick with the way it is now, it's perfect.

Why would you want to legislate the way I prefer to see the board? If you don't like it, don't use it. But let the choice be available for those who want it.

I LOVE the technology in place on this new forum. And if I had not seen the page on scout the other day, I'm sure Kaiser would have invited me personally in due time.

I do not like topic view.

Here is my vote for thread view as a new feature. With this board's excellent "hover" to preview the post feature, and thread view, I will be one happy camper.

I really don't like spending an hour clicking, and clicking through titles to follow a thread. Especially when people put nothing in their reply title, and then little of substance in the post.

With thread view and hover, we'll be able to, without clicking anything, get a great sense of what direction the topic is going in, and which specific posts merit further clicking.

Another vote for thread view here. I don't understand why some in this thread object to this. What difference does it make as long as they are given the option to stay with the current topic view?

Another vote for thread view here. I don't understand why some in this thread object to this. What difference does it make as long as they are given the option to stay with the current topic view?
I thought I already explained why. In general, those that prefer tread view don't use the quote function. That means that those that use topic view do and those that use thread don't, making it inconsistent to the reader.

Plus, thread view people are still wearing flannel and listening to their new Nirvana cassette. So there's that too.

1. If you're following a thread in topic view it becomes difficult to figure out who's responding to who because the thread view mafia doesn't use the quote option.

2. Sometimes it took me a little long to figure out What people were talking about because half their message was in the post title.

These are minor annoyances to me personally. People who like thread view are as offensive to me as people who still use pay phones. I suspect the two groups are one and the same though.

I thought I already explained why. In general, those that prefer tread view don't use the quote function. That means that those that use topic view do and those that use thread don't, making it inconsistent to the reader.

Plus, thread view people are still wearing flannel and listening to their new Nirvana cassette. So there's that too.

So. You really want to prevent me from using thread view. Please explain to me how this hurts you. I really want to know. I understand you have an opinion. Don't understand the venom. And I am now also supporting individual urinals. You lost my trough vote.

Ragman thats a pretty ignorant comment, do you see us knocking you for wearing your socks up to your knees and pulling your pants up past your belly button?

Oh lord. The quote feature is a huge waste of bandwidth. Nothing worse than Dragging the scroll bar past the same paragraph requoted 17 times. Just to read some nimrod writing "I agree 100%" 64 lines down.

I am a thread view supporter, and I use the quote feature sparingly. Topic viewers are absolutely not any more likely to use the quote feature, unless the system defaults to quoting replies in topic view.

The title, used strategically, is a brilliant practice. I hate waiting for pages to load, even if it takes .0005 seconds.

If it is about options, I would strongly prefer to take topic view away. I'm not sure what is so futuristic about it. If you want to have no idea about who is replying to who, then yeah, it's great!!

Let met get this straight, this desire to "stay in the 21st Century" from the leader of the Pee Trough Movement? Not exactly a 21st Century invention there.

It's called a preference. ;)

Let met get this straight, this desire to "stay in the 21st Century" from the leader of the Pee Trough Movement? Not exactly a 21st Century invention there.

Au contraire. The pee-trough, much like DaVinci's flying machine, was merely ahead of it's time.