Hope we can avoid a Roy Williams style frustration rant. | Syracusefan.com

Hope we can avoid a Roy Williams style frustration rant.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Someone can post his comments from last night but he basically snapped due to the frustration due to losing. This could definitely happen to the Cuse anytime in the next few years. I just want to give a shout out to our guys and staff and hope we can turn a few more W's in these close games. Keep playing hard and hope we can go on a run like we've done before when no one was expecting it.

Did he throw his team under the bus again? Abandon them?

I don't feel bad for him; but I don't understand why people question his coaching ability. He has a pretty incredible record. Having said that, it wouldn't break my heart for UNC to suck for a few years after this one.
No doubt he’s had an incredible career, but UNC goes in the group of schools that can be labeled with “lack of institutional control” and their basketball program no doubt heavily benefitted from that during his tenure.

Perhaps when he retires he can teach Coloring Inside the Lines 101 for upper classmen UNC athletes, heard its a pass or fail.

I don't feel bad for him; but I don't understand why people question his coaching ability. He has a pretty incredible record. Having said that, it wouldn't break my heart for UNC to suck for a few years after this one.
He’s had top level talent his entire time at Kansas and UNC.

Getting top level talent is the most important part of the job. he's not great but his record speaks for himself and their program is leaps and bounds better than ours. He takes a lot of shots on this forum, but his program is elite.

Will Roy feel any real heat to retire next year if NC doesn't make the tourney again even with the great recruiting class coming in?

Not much there...I've heard worse from JB after a win...

Something I've always wondered about...

If you have the thought but the word that best represents the thought is considered vulgar so you instead say something that sounds like that word so that everybody knows what you meant, how much higher is your moral high ground? Is it the thought that counts or is it the word?

Someone can post his comments from last night but he basically snapped due to the frustration due to losing. This could definitely happen to the Cuse anytime in the next few years. I just want to give a shout out to our guys and staff and hope we can turn a few more W's in these close games. Keep playing hard and hope we can go on a run like we've done before when no one was expecting it.
I think he will be very happy when this season is over and Cole Anthony moves on.

I think he will be very happy when this season is over and Cole Anthony moves on.
Thats a great point. That's why the NBA needs to adopt the MLB or NHL dtaft structure. One and done has ruined CBB. And if players can just get up and transfer it's going to be a worse solution. Recruiting is a filthy business and will get even filthier.

If you have the thought but the word that best represents the thought is considered vulgar so you instead say something that sounds like that word so that everybody knows what you meant, how much higher is your moral high ground? Is it the thought that counts or is it the word?
Geez, deep thinking tonight, Steve! What word are you referring to? (I’m not going to watch the video.) I remember in confirmation class our pastor told us that Jiminy Cricket was the same as Jesus Christ, and we couldn’t say either of them. We were outraged! We thought it was so stupid. I became an atheist shortly thereafter.

So, I am guessing the answer to your question is: it’s only the thought, NEVER the word. :rolleyes:

Getting top level talent is the most important part of the job. he's not great but his record speaks for himself and their program is leaps and bounds better than ours. He takes a lot of shots on this forum, but his program is elite.

Leaps and bounds? I wouldn’t go that far

Leaps and bounds? I wouldn’t go that far

You should probably look at their program resume again.

They've been at this level since the 60's. This level being a higher level than SU.

6 National Championships (3 since we won ours)
5x Runners Up - 11 Championship Game Appearances
20 Final Fours including one each decade since 1946, at least two each decade since the 60s
Run of 13 straight Sweet Sixteens '81-'93
26x Conference Tourney Champions
41x Conference Regular Season Champion

They are leaps and bounds beyond just about everyone, no matter what this season looks like.

Geez, deep thinking tonight, Steve! What word are you referring to? (I’m not going to watch the video.) I remember in confirmation class our pastor told us that Jiminy Cricket was the same as Jesus Christ, and we couldn’t say either of them. We were outraged! We thought it was so stupid. I became an atheist shortly thereafter.

So, I am guessing the answer to your question is: it’s only the thought, NEVER the word. :rolleyes:

Well, based upon the presser, it's the 'F' word that Roy slipped out and then immediately apologized and used 'fricken' in lieu of. It's interesting how some get offended by simply a curse (deemed vulgar in this case) word, and how they fail to realize that it's the attention/weight that they themselves are giving it what's truly causing the word to be of any real significance in the overall realm. Just my opinion of course. If only Roy had said "Shut the front door" if feeling sorry for yourself. ;)

Last edited:
"His" program was elite well before he even got there, but you are correct, in that he has done a great job at keeping it there. Something Daugherty was very unable to do.

They have a five star, four four stars and two of the most sought out grad transfers on the team. This is underachieving at a ridiculous rate. Have to wonder if they've tuned him out.

I am guessing a better X's and O's coach would do better with the talent they have. He is in charge of getting talent and he obviously is good at that. I wish we could get some of that.

Well, based upon the presser, it's the 'F' word that Roy slipped out and then immediately apologized and used 'fricken' in lieu of. It's interesting how some get offended by simply a curse (deemed vulgar in this case) word, and how they fail to realize that it's the attention/weight that they themselves are giving it what's truly causing the word to be of any real significance in the overall realm. Just my opinion of course. If only Roy had said "Shut the front door" if feeling sorry for yourself. ;)

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!! :p

/ gets banned for 2 weeks. ;)

i remember Royboy jumping on some female reporter after we beat them for the title for having the AUDICITY to ask him if he was going to north carolina. which of course he promptly did.

i remember Royboy jumping on some female reporter after we beat them for the title for having the AUDICITY to ask him if he was going to north carolina. which of course he promptly did.

They have a five star, four four stars and two of the most sought out grad transfers on the team. This is underachieving at a ridiculous rate. Have to wonder if they've tuned him out.
In the next 2 to 5 years, Roy, K and JAB will all be gone. I'm sure all three want to leave on their terms but a season like this doesn't bode well. As competitive as they are, none would probably quit after a losing season thinking it is a one time aberration. Not sure UNC has a succession plan. You know Duke and K are not concerned thinking everyone will line up to replace K and we know what happened at Cuse. What will these three programs look like in ten years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom