Hopkins Game Thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins Game Thread...

We don't really recruit SSDM's. We recruit middies and convert them.

I know that but d1 middies should know how to play defense. Part of the thing that I notice is how physical overmatched they seem

PhatOrange said:
I know that but d1 middies should know how to play defense. Part of the thing that I notice is how physical overmatched they seem
still pissed

SSDM and goalie need a fix. Desko fixed FO this year so I would hope he addresses these shortcomings.

Seriously bummed as I felt this was our best chance for a NC in a while. Wardwell gave up way too many easy goals over the last 45 days.

Orangello said:
SSDM and goalie need a fix. Desko fixed FO this year so I would hope he addresses these shortcomings. Seriously bummed as I felt this was our best chance for a NC in a while. Wardwell gave up way too many easy goals over the last 45 days.

Actually thought Wardwell played reasonably well today.

Our defense, particularly the middies, were suspect.

We need to become a better defensive team next year because the offense won't be as good.

SSDM and goalie need a fix. Desko fixed FO this year so I would hope he addresses these shortcomings.

Seriously bummed as I felt this was our best chance for a NC in a while. Wardwell gave up way too many easy goals over the last 45 days.
Hard to blame Wardwell yesterday when after 3 or 4 passes he is staring at someone on his doorstep whose biggest challenge was to decide where in the net he was going to put the ball. Is Wardwell the best goalie ever? No, far from it. But he was not the problem in the last few games.

The Defense looked tired and slow to slide, as Desko had said they prepared all week forthe big/little game and he looked annoyed that the def had hesitated a number of times, Grimm messed up on a couple of occasions but the Def didn't react or help quick enough, that was our downfall.

I was worried about Williams all year and he didn't perform well enough yesterday, to get back into the game and then not win the final face-off was disappointing! although we shouldn't have left it that late!

Well back to the drawing board! a new year, new faces and a changing of the guard! I hope Desko opens a new slate and has every spot open! We have a freshman class in 14/15 that haven't played so lets hope there are some hidden gems!

Hard to blame Wardwell yesterday when after 3 or 4 passes he is staring at someone on his doorstep whose biggest challenge was to decide where in the net he was going to put the ball. Is Wardwell the best goalie ever? No, far from it. But he was not the problem in the last few games.

Wardwell gave up too many easy goals particularly in the 1Q of several games this year and last. He would occasionally turn it around in the 2H (see Colgate) but all in all, an average to good goalie when we needed good to great consistently. Your goalie has to be able to make stops consistently. Period.

Wardwell gave up too many easy goals particularly in the 1Q of several games this year and last. He would occasionally turn it around in the 2H (see Colgate) but all in all, an average to good goalie when we needed good to great consistently. Your goalie has to be able to make stops consistently. Period.
Eh, overall I would call Wardwell adequate. The defense as a whole was the bigger problem.

I remember when Galloway was the starter some people were calling for his backup(not sure, Cavalieri maybe?) because he wasn't the best save goalie. But he made up for it with his clearing and also had the benefit of a very good defense surrounding him. I wonder how good he would have been with this years D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom