Hopkins is awful | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins is awful

PSU scoring at will, Hopkins D is non existent. Looks like PSU is playing St. Bonaventure.

18-8 with 10+ left. Not sure there's ever been a bigger drubbing at Homewood.

Their last chance for the NCAA's is to beat MD at MD and (most likely) PSU at PSU. No way they get an at-large.

18-8 with 10+ left. Not sure there's ever been a bigger drubbing at Homewood.

Their last chance for the NCAA's is to beat MD at MD and (most likely) PSU at PSU. No way they get an at-large.

They're playing at PSU today.

The B1G Tourney is at Rutgers this year.

They may have to beat MD just to get into the B1G tourney. They don't have the tiebreaker over Ohio St.

They're playing at PSU today.

The B1G Tourney is at Rutgers this year.

They may have to beat MD just to get into the B1G tourney. They don't have the tiebreaker over Ohio St.
Ah, I thought they played MD in the first round of the B1G tournament. Given the standings, that's how it would shake out. Didn't realize MD closes out their regular season.

140207_2721416_Weekend_Update_w__Emily_Latella_anvver_6.jpg

Can you imagine both PSU and UPenn in the Final Four this year in Philly?

Ah, I thought they played MD in the first round of the B1G tournament. Given the standings, that's how it would shake out. Didn't realize MD closes out their regular season.

The B1G still plays regular season games next week (like everyone else in the country). :rolleyes:

How did they leave Darby out there after PSU hit 18?
Penn State is scary good when they're on.
Hopkins is not good this year.

The B1G still plays regular season games next week (like everyone else in the country). :rolleyes:

I really hope they change the tourney next year because this current set up is idiotic. If SU loses to UNC they wont play again for 2 and a half weeks and it they beat UNC and lose to UVA it will be 2 weeks. So dumb, who approved this crap.

I really hope they change the tourney next year because this current set up is idiotic. If SU loses to UNC they wont play again for 2 and a half weeks and it they beat UNC and lose to UVA it will be 2 weeks. So dumb, who approved this crap.

Uh, we did...

ACC Tournament Expanding to Two Weekends in '19; Patriot Coaches Vote to Push into May

"ACC coaches described the voting as unanimous at first, but then after the votes had been cast there were some reconsidered. "

Fix this. Push the tourney back to the 1st weekend in May (like the rest of the civilized LAX world), and only the Top 4 qualify. Frees up a weekend for another regular season game, or leaves a week open for another conference game if we ever add another team.

Uh, we did...

ACC Tournament Expanding to Two Weekends in '19; Patriot Coaches Vote to Push into May

"ACC coaches described the voting as unanimous at first, but then after the votes had been cast there were some reconsidered. "

Fix this. Push the tourney back to the 1st weekend in May (like the rest of the civilized LAX world), and only the Top 4 qualify. Frees up a weekend for another regular season game, or leaves a week open for another conference game if we ever add another team.

Right, I meant changing this new format next year to playing it all inoneweeken. This two weekend thing is Bush league. Were the ACC coaches drunk when they voted for this..

Right, I meant changing this new format next year to playing it all inoneweeken. This two weekend thing is Bush league. Were the ACC coaches drunk when they voted for this..
They wanted to get a game for #5. It worked for a couple years when, at first #5 played #6 in the showcase game and then #5 played an Ivy in the showcase. I guess they were having an increasing amount of problems getting a quality game for #5 because the Ivies were saying no. I may have mentioned this before, but I think we should can the tournament, always have, always will.

They wanted to get a game for #5. It worked for a couple years when, at first #5 played #6 in the showcase game and then #5 played an Ivy in the showcase. I guess they were having an increasing amount of problems getting a quality game for #5 because the Ivies were saying no. I may have mentioned this before, but I think we should can the tournament, always have, always will.

I certainly get having the #5 team play a game it does make sense. But why not due what the patriot league does. Have the 4/5 teams play on Tuesday and then the remaining 4 teams play Thursday with the Champ game either Sat or Sun. This current set up is ed, if your SU and you lose the 4/5 game you literally wont play again for 2 1/2 weeks. Say SU or UNC upsets UVA in the 1/4 game, UVA wouldn't play another game for 2 weeks. Teams are going to be rusty as hell. How the ACC coaches approved this I can't fathom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom