Hopkins vs Maryland | Syracusefan.com

Hopkins vs Maryland

Faegan

All Conference
The announcers on the Big10 are awful. Almost enough to make it unwatchable.

The announcers on the Big10 are awful. Almost enough to make it unwatchable.

Nah going to disagree with you big time here. Mark Dixon knows his stuff and Joe B has a great voice and does well considering he's mostly known as the voice of the Capitals.

Joe B also does the Chesapeake Bayhawk games.

Posted in the other thread but will note it again here shocked by the Maryland collapse here. Up 4 at half to down 2. Offensively there a hot 1 mess. Gotta wonder how far they will fall with a loss.

From the "lax reference" guy on twitter. While not as clean for us it could be a plus.

Have to think losing to Hopkins twice would cost Maryland a home game.

Have to think losing to Hopkins twice would cost Maryland a home game.

He also mentions that MD is far from a lock for the tourney. Only truly quality win is penn at this point with OSU tanking due to the Michigan loss. Still odds are they get in but it will be barely

Nah going to disagree with you big time here. Mark Dixon knows his stuff and Joe B has a great voice and does well considering he's mostly known as the voice of the Capitals.

Obviously you're a Caps fan! ;) Watched these two play last week and he's been repetitive and if I hear him say MD vs JH is the best rivalry in college lacrosse again I'm going to barf.

And I'll throw up in my mouth after saying this myself, Petro has made good adjustments in both games.

Obviously you're a Caps fan! ;) Watched these two play last week and he's been repetitive and if I hear him say MD vs JH is the best rivalry in college lacrosse again I'm going to barf.

Haha actually I'm not but my wife is a huge fan and I'm subjected to watching way more games throughout the season than I want to, but I do think Joe B is a good annoucer.

He also mentions that MD is far from a lock for the tourney. Only truly quality win is penn at this point with OSU tanking due to the Michigan loss. Still odds are they get in but it will be barely

I think hes right, Marylands big win is Penn and not much after that. Losing back to back games to a .500 Hopkins team is a bad look.

After Hopkins victory, Hopkins RPI is now #7 Maryland #11, Cuse remains at #10.

Dixon sometimes annoys me but I love Joe B. Absolutely perfect commentator voice/delivery and I always like when there are hockey and lacrosse connections. It's cool to see a fairly famous hockey commentator equally knowledgeable and passionate about lacrosse.

Maryland has been as good a program as anyone the past 5-6 years and this is probably their worst team in that stretch but losing two weeks in a row to an average Hopkins team has to hurt.

Maryland has been as good a program as anyone the past 5-6 years and this is probably their worst team in that stretch but losing two weeks in a row to an average Hopkins team has to hurt.

Agreed, I thought for sure they would win today and that first half went how I thought it would but then they just fell apart on both sides of the ball.

Biggest concern from an SU standpoint is if Cornell wins and Loyola loses and it comes down to Maryland vs SU is SU gonna get the shaft based on the Maryland name and there recent success

Biggest concern from an SU standpoint is if Cornell wins and Loyola loses and it comes down to Maryland vs SU is SU gonna get the shaft based on the Maryland name and there recent success

Maybe. I think Syracuse has a slightly better resume than the Terps right now but who knows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom