How’s Etienne doing? | Syracusefan.com

How’s Etienne doing?

Orangefan1

All Conference
I noticed he’s averaging a solid 1 point per game in his sophomore season. I’m sure his handlers are enjoying the money they got from UCLA.

Frank Anselem averaged less minutes then he did when he played for us at Georgia.

Quincy Guerrier is now a bench player

These players seek greater pastures by most of them have not from what I can see

I’ll look at it from a different angle. Kinda goes to show you how lackluster the caliber of player we are “in the hunt” for lately. I’m sure they would’ve done more here, but if they were undeniably elite they would be very productive at any place they go. I mean we clearly saw QG do more here, but for some reason it isn’t clicking for him out west

I don’t know all of the reasons everybody leaves but it’s usually something related to not being allowed to play the way they want to. Well, looks like there was a reason the HoF coach had them playing a certain way.

Goes to show how much we were actually getting out of players.

I don’t know all of the reasons everybody leaves but it’s usually something related to not being allowed to play the way they want to. Well, looks like there was a reason the HoF coach had them playing a certain way.

Goes to show how much we were actually getting out of players.
That’s part of the story, and I agree.

The frustrating part is I think there’s 2 or 3 guys who would be better at Syracuse and Syracuse would be better if they had them. And it’s frustrating that they all left.

I’ll look at it from a different angle. Kinda goes to show you how lackluster the caliber of player we are “in the hunt” for lately. I’m sure they would’ve done more here, but if they were undeniably elite they would be very productive at any place they go. I mean we clearly saw QG do more here, but for some reason it isn’t clicking for him out west
I disagree. SU has had a ton of players over the years who transferred out and done very little at their new schools.

I disagree. SU has had a ton of players over the years who transferred out and done very little at their new schools.
That should be a clear indication of our talent level

That should be a clear indication of our talent level
Really neither here nor there. The only “good” players to transfer out of Syracuse were Quincy and Kadary, other players were 4th or 5th guys in classes who were never going to be much more than role players. That’s not a miss as much as what occurs when you need to fill rosters. Everyone does it.

Well, in all fairness to his post, he used the caveat, 'elite' players. If indeed those guys were elite in the first place, I'd completed agree with that sentiment as 'creme always rises to the top.' Doing "very little" at their others schools is just more proof of not only not being elite, but being relatively quite ordinary.

Most of the aforementioned guys, in reality, were far from elite, but rather more along the lines of solid type guys that a HOF coach knew from his high coaching acumen, etc. what roles tapped into their greater strengths at the time.

These young adults, for the most part, clearly don't have the wisdom to know otherwise, and follow a path in which they hear from others what they want to hear.

Last edited:
Really neither here nor there. The only “good” players to transfer out of Syracuse were Quincy and Kadary, other players were 4th or 5th guys in classes who were never going to be much more than role players. That’s not a miss as much as what occurs when you need to fill rosters. Everyone does it.

Braswell is good too. His issue has been out of his control as we knew when he was here.

A really valid point to drive home for guys that may be teetering on staying/leaving. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. If we stay together next year we might surprise a few folks.

Not really accurate, Jalen Carey was a 4 star guard with offers from Kansas, Nova, Miami, UConn etc. Brycen Goodine was also a 4 star out of high school.

Not really accurate, Jalen Carey was a 4 star guard with offers from Kansas, Nova, Miami, UConn etc. Brycen Goodine was also a 4 star out of high school.
Well they never played like it,

They came with an agenda that wasn't JB's agenda. When recruiting the recruits should understand they leave their agendas at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom