how 2022 teams do if qb1 throws less 80% of passes or less? | Syracusefan.com

how 2022 teams do if qb1 throws less 80% of passes or less?

Millhouse

Living Legend
We are right at qb1 throwing 80% of total passes.

For teams whose QB1 throws more than that this year, their winning percentage is 60%

For teams whose qb1 throws less than 80% of the teams passes, the winning percentage is 44%

Change the threshold to 90%, it's still significant. Teams where QB throws >90% of their passes still win 60% of the time, the others win 50% of the time. (FCS wins are the reason it's not more zero sum, I guess. Also, eams that don't throw the ball go into the second bucket)

I know that part of the reason some bad teams might split the attempts is because QB1 failed. But this is still a pretty good indication that teams have a tough time dealing with even minor qb injuries.

Roughly the difference between 7-5 and 5-7

Not close to perfect but trying to take one simple example of depth.

This should've been a 5-7 team and we got a little lucky to get 6 or more wins.

This should've been a 5-7 team and we got a little lucky to get 6 or more wins.

NC State having to go to QB2 against us might have been the break we needed. They weren't exactly lighting it up with Leary, but he's still pretty good. hat tip to the FSU DL who tackled him.

The only exception to your stats might be BC. They needed their QB1 to get hurt to realize their QB2 is better.

NC State having to go to QB2 against us might have been the break we needed. They weren't exactly lighting it up with Leary, but he's still pretty good. hat tip to the FSU DL who tackled him.

The only exception to your stats might be BC. They needed their QB1 to get hurt to realize their QB2 is better.
BC is 3-7 so it kinda goes along with the idea that playing multiple QBs for whatever reason is bad. I'm definitely lumping injury in with teams not having anyone good or not knowing who is good

BC is 3-7 so it kinda goes along with the idea that playing multiple QBs for whatever reason is bad. I'm definitely lumping injury in with teams not having anyone good or not knowing who is good

BC has had a ton of injuries, and bottomed out against UConn, with QB1 getting injured. Then the backup started the last two games, and miraculously they had 660 yards and 7 TD passes the last 2 weeks.

I feel a little better about bc looking at the game kids. New guy had a 150 rating then a 130 rating. Threw a lot. Overall pretty pass numbers are comparable between the two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom