How about a little Hima love? | Syracusefan.com

How about a little Hima love?

Not much love when he transferred in but did a few nice things last night defensively and a put back with some authority. Had 8 boards 4 pts and altered a few attempts in the paint.

Here’s your love.

He’s a very solid backup C.
Does exactly the sorta things you want him to do:
Take up space in the middle, rebound, contest shots, score a little bit via putbacks.

He’s not a cat-rescuer, dude can ball a bit.

Cous really liked him when the staff got late in the cycle after being jilted by Ballard, and took a lot of baloney for it. He has more offensive ability, I think he will start feeling comfortable enough for that to come out going forward. As long as he is a huge plus on D, Boeheim will let him grow on O.

He should have come in earlier in the 2nd half. I think we win if he does. It sounds crazy because Jesse had big buckets late, but after he picked up his 3rd he became more cautious on D (rightfully so) which is when SJU went on their run. Hima has 5 fouls to use every single game. He can be more bold on defense than Jesse.

He should have come in earlier in the 2nd half. I think we win if he does. It sounds crazy because Jesse had big buckets late, but after he picked up his 3rd he became more cautious on D (rightfully so) which is when SJU went on their run. Hima has 5 fouls to use every single game. He can be more bold on defense than Jesse.
Yeah, there was a stretch where Jesse was too cautious on defense because of foul trouble AND he wasn’t touching the ball on offense.

Not much love when he transferred in but did a few nice things last night defensively and a put back with some authority. Had 8 boards 4 pts and altered a few attempts in the paint.
He’s an excellent shot blocker and rim protector. 7 blocks! Love what he’s giving us so far. He’s still learning the nuances of the zone and hopefully he can develop some offense over the next few years.

liked what i saw defensively. fast off his feet and a deterrent under the rim. bit like the Mooseman.

Cous really liked him when the staff got late in the cycle after being jilted by Ballard, and took a lot of baloney for it. He has more offensive ability, I think he will start feeling comfortable enough for that to come out going forward. As long as he is a huge plus on D, Boeheim will let him grow on O.
*liked this post because you called yourself “cous”.

I would agree with that, and weirdly I already completely forgot about Frank. And I liked him. But I don’t ever remember him having a huge impact against a good team like Hima did yesterday.
Maybe I’m just getting older, but I doubt I could name even half the players who’ve transferred out the past 5 years. I know it’s a part of college basketball culture now, but it has to be around 15 or so guys.

New Nickname
1669227624230.jpeg

Yea I’m really happy we got Hima. He’s perfect for the zone and a much better shot blocker and rim protector than Frank was. And he’s been rebounding pretty well too.

Really happy with him/a.
And not just where he stands today, but with the expectation that he’s already on the cusp of a significant step forward in skills development and maturation, and that he has headroom to be a good starter in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom