How about that press? | Syracusefan.com

How about that press?

Cuse_NYC

Starter
Easily the worst effort I have seen in my life as a cuse fan. Lack of athletes or not, I question if we even practiced it. Layup after layup with no one even remotely close to their players on the other side of the court. And it aint’t like Colgate has track stars…

If we get down 10 in the second half, it’s going to be tough for us to get back in it.

If we get down 10 in the second half, it’s going to be tough for us to get back in it.
using the press, yes. with 3 pointers ...no.

problem with that is they go into panic iso mode and cant get 3s off from that...need to pass to get 3s!

Easily the worst effort I have seen in my life as a cuse fan. Lack of athletes or not, I question if we even practiced it. Layup after layup with no one even remotely close to their players on the other side of the court. And it aint’t like Colgate has track stars…
the defense is just so anemic overall and yeah the press was atrocious.

its weird i thought they played so smart vs lafayette. some of these defenseive sequences dont make much sense.

In 2003 when we used the press Jemery McNeil was back on defense to stop the easy layups. Missed assignment by player or not doing that anymore?

In 2003 when we used the press Jemery McNeil was back on defense to stop the easy layups. Missed assignment by player or not doing that anymore?
It’s surprisingly been effective every year, even last year with joe and buddy out there. The uva comeback with malachi and the boys was all press.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom