How about this speech? | Syracusefan.com

How about this speech?

DownTheField

2nd String
http://deadspin.com/5857689/a-weepi...ered-outside-his-living-room-window/#comments

"It's hard for me to tell you how much this means to me. I've lived for this place, and I've lived for people like you guys and girls, and I'm just so happy to see that you could feel so strongly about us and about your school. The kids that were victims or whatever they want to say, I think we all ought to say a prayer for them. Tough life, when people do certain things to you. Anyway, you've been great. Everything's great, all right."

makes ya wish for that Joe Pa presser ... man oh man that is unbelievable

Yeah - everythings GREAT cause I've got my record.
He still doesn't get it.
What were his prayers for those kids before the lid blew off the cover up?

makes ya wish for that Joe Pa presser ... man oh man that is unbelievable
Not sure we will ever see a presser. I can see more of a one on one where he knows the questions ahead of time.

The kids that were victims or whatever they want to say

Now I just want to punch him in the mouth.

Indefensible piece of . He's a horrible human being. He could use a good anal raping and then we can pray for him.

You've been great. Drive safe and be sure to tip the pedophiles on your way out. Say a prayer for the enablers.

Raped by a guy in a locker room shower?

"Tough life," says Paterno.

Many of those victims "or whatever you want to say" didn't have to have tough lives because of what someone did to them. But now they do have tougher lives than they should because you did nothing, YOU PIECE OF CRAP.

I will say prayers for those poor kids and their families - more than you have done Joe.

This is why you never make comments in a situation like this without a PR person and an attorney being consulted first.

This is not going to hit rock bottom for a long time, I'm afraid...

A press conference would have been UNBELIEVABLE.

JoePa is a tired 84 year old man who's been increasingly detached from reality over the past few years. Those comments are what happens when a failing mind is being taxed by an incredibly stressful situation.

Despite all the venom I've directed his way the past couple days, I don't want to hear from him, because he really doesn't fully comprehend what's going on around him. I want him to be fired and to go away.

http://deadspin.com/5857689/a-weepi...ered-outside-his-living-room-window/#comments

"It's hard for me to tell you how much this means to me. I've lived for this place, and I've lived for people like you guys and girls, and I'm just so happy to see that you could feel so strongly about us and about your school. The kids that were victims or whatever they want to say, I think we all ought to say a prayer for them. Tough life, when people do certain things to you. Anyway, you've been great. Everything's great, all right."

This is why PSU cancelled his presser. They knew it would turn into something like this.

I was looking forward to the presser. It would have been sooooo entertaining.

JoePa is a tired 84 year old man who's been increasingly detached from reality over the past few years. Those comments are what happens when a failing mind is being taxed by an incredibly stressful situation.

Despite all the venom I've directed his way the past couple days, I don't want to hear from him, because he really doesn't fully comprehend what's going on around him. I want him to be fired and to go away.
The interesting thing about the Francesa show last nite with Kim Jones was a point she kept trying to raise, i.e. though Paterno has aged significantly, when he was making the poor decisions he was still mentally strong and was the Joe Paterno the country has been taught to love. He made his horribly wrong decisions at the height of his power and ability, not a very complimentary statement about Paterno and his legacy.

The interesting thing about the Francesa show last nite with Kim Jones was a point she kept trying to raise, i.e. though Paterno has aged significantly, when he was making the poor decisions he was still mentally strong and was the Joe Paterno the country has been taught to love. He made his horribly wrong decisions at the height of his power and ability, not a very complimentary statement about Paterno and his legacy.

I completely agree with that. The JoePa of 1998 and 2002 was sharp and knew just what he was doing.

I am amazed that he was smiling. Meanwhile the PSU students are pathetic.

That was a sickening piece of video -- truly sickening. I can't get over the fact that these 1000 students are actually supporting Paterno. Do they have any idea what they are actually supporting?

That was a sickening piece of video -- truly sickening. I can't get over the fact that these 1000 students are actually supporting Paterno. Do they have any idea what they are actually supporting?

Wins, bowl appearances and pre-game keggers.Oh Lord

I'm guessing that this is the thought process of the Penn State fans right now:

1 - Joe Pa is our (PSU's) legend that has an excellent record as a community leader and runs a clean program;
2 - Joe Pa heard allegations that there was inappropriate behavior Sandusky and a young male in the showers;
3 - As this occurred on campus and at his place of employment, Joe Pa reported it to his immediate supervisor and to Gary Schultz (who I think was in the hierarchy of Campus Police -- but not real police) within 24 hours;
4 - When something finally came of the allegations, Joe Pa is praised for his elevation of the incident by the Grant Jury;
5 - It's in the media's best interest for the big name to take the fall and that is why the pressure is on Joe Pa

I honestly believe that is how many PSU fans see it.

What the PSU fans don't get is that this is how the rest of America sees it:

1 - For a non-political individual, Joe Pa has more pull in his 'territory' than nearly any other person in the NorthEast;
2 - Joe Pa knew that Sandusky was a child molester;
3 - Joe Pa knew that Sandusky had charities specifically targeted for at-risk male youths;
4 - If Joe Pa took three minutes to make a call when he saw nothing was being done about the Sandusky allegations he could have saved the innocence of dozens of at-risk youths.

Unless I mixed up my facts -- legally, Joe Pa did what he was required to do. Morally, when he saw that the PSU administration was sweeping this under the rug, he should have pushed the issue hard. How could he not be deeply disturbed about a long-time friend being a child molester, that must have been in the back of his mind constantly.

It sucks, I thought Joe Pa was batty, but I also thought he was a genuinely good guy.

After hearing Joe Pa talk is there any chance he has anything to do with this football team from a day-to-day coaching/recruiting standpoint? I can't see him having any role other than cheerleader. I have to wonder how often the assistants/coordinators listen to anything he says.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom