How am I watching Today’s Game? | Syracusefan.com

How am I watching Today’s Game?

OrangeTarheel

It’s time to kick names and take ass
Props to whoever sharing streaming links for the VTech game. I’ve got YouTube TV stupidly thinking that would get me the games I want to watch. Sling has an RSN but I can’t tell if it’s what I need … this whole game day chase to watch our team is ridiculous.

Props to whoever sharing streaming links for the VTech game. I’ve got YouTube TV stupidly thinking that would get me the games I want to watch. Sling has an RSN but I can’t tell if it’s what I need … this whole game day chase to watch our team is ridiculous.
Sling (with sports package) has worked for me as a sign into ‘watch ESPN/ESPN3’

I did the streaming directv thing last weekend with the plan to cancel within 14 days. Luckily I procrastinate and didn’t cancel yet because I’ll need it for today’s game too.

Worked well, they don’t advertise a “free trial” but in the small print you can cancel within 14 days if you’re not happy. You do need to order the mid tier package or at least for last weeks game I did to get the yes network. Not sure if it’s necessary for the NESN channel. Last night I saw like 3 different channels the game would be on. Like you I have YTTV after cutting spectrum. That has proved to be a mistake especially since I was getting HBO/SHO for free with spectrum.

Depends where you live. In Boston, it'll be on NESN. (Comcast, Fubo, Fios). Last week was NESN +. So far, Fubo has given me every Cuse game. - has ACCN , where Comcast does not. Has RSN, where youtube TV , Sling, Hulu, does not. A little research at the beginning of the season can go a long way.

Last year, YTTV was a good solution, but they lost the RSN. Every area is different.

Last edited:
I did the streaming directv thing last weekend with the plan to cancel within 14 days. Luckily I procrastinate and didn’t cancel yet because I’ll need it for today’s game too.

Worked well, they don’t advertise a “free trial” but in the small print you can cancel within 14 days if you’re not happy. You do need to order the mid tier package or at least for last weeks game I did to get the yes network. Not sure if it’s necessary for the NESN channel. Last night I saw like 3 different channels the game would be on. Like you I have YTTV after cutting spectrum. That has proved to be a mistake especially since I was getting HBO/SHO for free with spectrum.

same.

its a ploy to get everyone to go back to traditional tv service(spectrum direct tv, dish, fios) and pay for the streaming seperate. Luckily at least for spectrum you only have to not have tv service for 30 days and you qualify for a promotion period

I'm recording three different Directv channels because I have no idea which of the RSN's will be blacked out in my area.

Never mind on the directv stream, at least at the middle tier. I’ve got to look but looks like the channels game is on are only on the highest package. Although if you’re going to cancel anyway, it doesn’t really matter. I might upgrade but need to double check next package up will have the game

And game is blacked out on ESPN for me.

its a ploy to get everyone to go back to traditional tv service(spectrum direct tv, dish, fios) and pay for the streaming seperate. Luckily at least for spectrum you only have to not have tv service for 30 days and you qualify for a promotion period
Nahh. If I had Comcast I would have missed 4? Games so far. For Boston, you need to stream.

I realize everyone's financial situation is different, but by the time you pay for the higher tier speed from your ISP to stream effectively, pay for the "live" programing package from the various streaming sources that offer access, I wonder in the end if it's worth all the apparent hassle. I don't think there's that much of a savings over the traditional route. Additionally, I've had DirecTV for years, and I have always been able to get a decent monthly savings off my package every year as a 'loyalty' etc. type customer.

I find it interesting that we all love how much coin being in the ACC brings to SU through its TV rights, etc., then seemingly fuss so much about finessing the system, costs associated, etc. in order to watch the games. It's not all advertising dollars that pay the bills for such huge payouts.

Last edited:
Depends where you live. In Boston, it'll be on NESN. (Comcast, Fubo, Fios). Last week was NESN +. So far, Fubo has given me every Cuse game. - has ACCN , where Comcast does not. Has RSN, where youtube TV , Sling, Hulu, does not. A little research at the beginning of the season can go a long way.

Last year, YTTV was a good solution, but they lost the RSN. Every area is different.
I'm watching it on Hulu today. I'm in northwest Ohio, so I don't know if that makes a difference, but they are carrying the game.

Dish doesn't carry any of the RSN channels since they switched from Fox to Bally's.

I realize everyone's financial situation is different, but by the time you pay for the higher tier speed from your ISP to stream effectively, pay for the "live" programing package from the various streaming sources that offer access, I wonder in the end if it's worth all the apparent hassle. I don't think there's that much of a savings over the traditional route. Additionally, I've had DirecTV for years, and I have always been able to get a decent monthly savings off my package every year as a 'loyalty' etc. type customer.

I find it interesting that we all love how much coin being in the ACC brings to SU through its TV rights, etc., then seemingly fuss so much about finessing the system, costs associated, etc. in order to watch the games. It's not all advertising dollars that pay the bills for such huge payouts.
You don't need to pay for the "higher tier speed." The math is as follows:

3MB required for HD stream. A buffer is highly recommended. 2MB should work. 7MB should be no problem whatsoever.

15MB required for 4k stream. 20MB - no problem.

I have an old 30MB symmetrical. (40$) technically enough to stream 10 different college games at the same time. My TV s are hardwired ethernet, so I have zero wifi loss.

ISPs push their Gigabit service. Its just marketing, because people don't understand the math. In fact? Some ISPs will run 32 or 64 Gigabit customers through a 2.4GB Blade, because no one will ever use that speed - unless they are running a speed test.

A 1GB connection is enough to stream 333 different HD channels, on 333 different TVs. I DONT OWN 333 TVs. I own 2. Save your $$. A 50MB symmetrical will cover 98% of all households. Higher speeds are good if you are an IT supervisor, a videographer that is constantly uploading and downloading(not streaming) movies, one who does MASSIVE file transfers. Thats about it. Do your math.

I only get "online cable" for football season. This year, it will be $200. (Most expensive ever) It beats paying 250/month, all year. I NEVER watch channels, if it isn't football.

I dont care about the $$$. I just don't want to pay for something I will never use. (Or only use for 12 football games)

I'm watching it on Hulu today. I'm in northwest Ohio, so I don't know if that makes a difference, but they are carrying the game.
It does. RSNs have regional contracts. I "think" Comcast owns NESN in Boston. They dont want it on streaming services, or they are charging an Arm and leg, so YTTV and Hulu dropped it.

One "might" be able to stream through a proxy in the desired market to get what they want. Its easier to just see who is carrying RSNs and ACCN before the season.

I'm recording three different Directv channels because I have no idea which of the RSN's will be blacked out in my area.
If it helps, I have it on Fox Sports Houston (Channel 38 on Suddenlink - Conroe). Same channel as last weeks VATech game.

I’m stuck in a hospital room with my wife and newborn daughter. I suck at the streaming stuff. Im hoping someone can provide a working link and I can show my girl her first SU game.
For those who don’t mind a free stream. Sportsurge.net is a great aggregator of sport streams. I can post a specific link at game time if you’d like.

People love to complain about Spectrum including the cost………but I receive every game with ZERO hassle. Saving a few dollars isn’t worth the aggravation so many complain about…….being cheap isn’t something you should wear as a badge of honor.

People love to complain about Spectrum including the cost………but I receive every game with ZERO hassle. Saving a few dollars isn’t worth the aggravation so many complain about…….being cheap isn’t something you should wear as a badge of honor.
Yes, please.

I can always watch the games from clicking espn.com scoreboard if the game is said on espn3. My cable and Internet is Verizon. I don't know if that matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom