How are turnovers determined? | Syracusefan.com

How are turnovers determined?

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
Anyone been an official scorer? Just curious as I see Joe was credited with 4 in the box score I saw. By memory I can recall the 2 times he dribbled off his foot, the early pass that was 93 mph and maimed a guy in the 2nd row, the pass to Cole (though partially Cole's fault as he was not coming to meet the pass), is that really the only time he turned it over?

I'm a fan and he was not our problem last night just seemed odd and struck me that TO numbers across the board seem low and was wondering if there is a rubric or something that explained it. Unrelated but I also wish bad shots could fit into whatever determination is used. I know it is too subjective.

Anyone been an official scorer? Just curious as I see Joe was credited with 4 in the box score I saw. By memory I can recall the 2 times he dribbled off his foot, the early pass that was 93 mph and maimed a guy in the 2nd row, the pass to Cole (though partially Cole's fault as he was not coming to meet the pass), is that really the only time he turned it over?

I'm a fan and he was not our problem last night just seemed odd and struck me that TO numbers across the board seem low and was wondering if there is a rubric or something that explained it. Unrelated but I also wish bad shots could fit into whatever determination is used. I know it is too subjective.
I think it’s just that scorers are terrible .. Jessie gets docked a couple blocks a game

I think it’s just that scorers are terrible .. Jessie gets docked a couple blocks a game
I guess rebounds are subjective too - if the ball hits the ground after a miss and rolls to you do you get a rebound?

I guess rebounds are subjective too - if the ball hits the ground after a miss and rolls to you do you get a rebound?
Yes. That would be a rebound.

Those are the 4. The first one was the fastball to buddy in the corner that went awry. That was the only one in the first half. Second half the ball slipped out of his hands out of bounds, the dribble he bounced off his foot, and the pass to Swider that Gillespie stole.

Yes. That would be a rebound.

I've felt for a long time that 'loose balls' (no jokes please) should be a stat. Commentators are always talking about 50-50 balls. If they ever did that, I'd like to see a missed shot that hits the floor being considered a loose ball, rather than a rebound. Same with balls that go out of bounds before anyone has possession.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom