How do we feel about TCU? | Syracusefan.com

How do we feel about TCU?

SWC75

Bored Historian
Do we envy them for playing in the national title game or “there but for the grace of God…”?

Would you want SU to make a 12 team tournament if that was the result?

Their NT weights 315, so for those who feel our DTs are too light, and I was among you, that didn't really seem to solve the problem of getting run over in the 3-3-5. Well, against UGA anyway.

A couple of thoughts:

1/1/53 Alabama 61 SU 6

1/1/60 SU 23 Texas 14

1/1/96 Nebraska 62 Florida 24

1/1/97 Florida 52 Florida St 20

I feel bad for them but at the same time they are Fiesta Bowl Champions which is nothing to sneeze at.

I’m kind of old school in that I don’t really think of college football as NC or bust. That’s an NFL fan mentality. Any bowl victory is a successful season, especially a NY6 one.

Absolutely. Nobody will remember the score, but you will always be able to say you made the playoffs and advanced to championship game.
…. I am definitely going to always remember the score once I fully wipe away the blood from my eyes

It helps make you think about what team is better than the other regarding TCU beating Michigan who beat OSU who should have beat Georgia. Crazy what a day makes and matchups.

I remember the GT vs SU Bowl game, P's seal of fate, That sucked. But to answer your question, I'd love to see SU get a shot even if it looked like that.

Do we envy them for playing in the national title game or “there but for the grace of God…”?

Absolutely I'd want SU to make it. Is that even a serious question? They proved they could hold their own against Michigan and just got caught in a bad matchup where everything went wrong.

IMO on 12/4 there were at least a dozen teams that were better than TCU but TCU had a great year and were more deserving. When the playoffs expand you are a lot less likely to see a non SEC vs SEC (or maybe B1G) final.

Also people like to say refs don't matter but the Michigan non TD call was one of the worst calls ever. It changed the game. Additionally if Michigan's RB is healthy I think they win.

Everything broke right for TCU this year but the clock struck midnight. Cinderella runs are fun until the end when you wish a big boy was in the final.

Absolutely. Nobody will remember the score, but you will always be able to say you made the playoffs and advanced to championship game.
UGa and TCu fans will always remember the score. As for the rest of us, a few years from now, most won't even remember TCU played in the final, just that UGa went back to back.

Pretty sure just about every college football fan will remember the historic beat down and the score.

Do you remember the score of the Clemson beat down of Alabama? I know I don’t, in fact I didn’t even remember Clemson beat down Alabama until someone mentioned it in one of these posts.

I can't even remember the score now - I would much rather have SU make the run to the game than never make the game.

Their cheerleaders are gorgeous. TAMU dance team level 10+.
Their football team could use some help.

Terrible game. VT level 10-.

Only upside is following 'three year letterman' on twitter.

I would love to have that tight end of theirs, Brock, or #0. Either one. Goodness what a collection of talent.

A couple of thoughts:

1/1/53 Alabama 61 SU 6

1/1/60 SU 23 Texas 14

1/1/96 Nebraska 62 Florida 24

1/1/97 Florida 52 Florida St 20

Even tho they didn’t run up the score, I still think Miami Nebraska (01?) was just as big a mismatch as Neb/Fla.

TCU had about 100 yrs of experience on the oline. They may fall quite a bit next yr, But still getting there is a great yr

Do you remember the score of the Clemson beat down of Alabama? I know I don’t, in fact I didn’t even remember Clemson beat down Alabama until someone mentioned it in one of these posts.
Apples vs Oranges, plenty of big losses in college football but to act like nobody will remember the biggest and by far largest beat down in championship history just doesn’t seem logical.
I’ll give you the point they might not remember exact score but most will remember the arse whooping.

Apples vs Oranges, plenty of big losses in college football but to act like nobody will remember the biggest and by far largest beat down in championship history just doesn’t seem logical.
I’ll give you the point they might not remember exact score but most will remember the arse whooping.
Exactly. I won't remember the final score by the end of the week but I'll remember it was the worst bowl loss in history forever. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom