How does Louisville recruit as well as it does | Syracusefan.com

How does Louisville recruit as well as it does

Their recruits aren't way worse than advertised. Who have they gotten that has forgotten how to play basketball like Jalen Carey.

I've never seen anything more pathetic than his 2 free throws early in the game Weds night. And the fact that people want to stick with him because the other options aren't great sums everything up. At least with Kaleb Joseph it was clear we needed better but the program has fallen even since then.

Their fans don't even pump their head with moronic NBA talk. Mitchell was expecting to return that Sophomore year for his Junior year and it wasn't until after the season in the workouts when his stock shot up that he decided to leave. Compare that to what has happened here with every Freshman since Ennis.

With all the baggage they have surrounding their program?
Mack took one year and has rebuilt them into a top 10 team.
How long does it take?
A. Mack is a really good coach.
B. "Under new management", so the baggage is (at least for now) in the storeroom.
C. Louavul is the lowest USN&WR-rated school in the ACC.

The fact that some schools don't get hit by the NCAA for cheating and others do really grinds my gears.

They lost their HOF coach who can make a claim for best ever at the NCAA level.

They also lost their sugar daddy/version of Phil Knight.

And replaced their FB coach after looking as bad as we do this year last year.

I wish we didn't play them so much but I can't begrudge their success otherwise.

Their new AD has similarities to Wildhack when you think about it. (Was on their board of directors owned the minor league soccer team in town.) They were very much rewarded for not poaching a peer schools AD.

Someone needs to look at the correlation between tats and performance of our players. Seems like kids with tats are better here. We should recruit to that.

They lost their HOF coach who can make a claim for best ever at the NCAA level.

They also lost their sugar daddy/version of Phil Knight.

And replaced their FB coach after looking as bad as we do this year last year.

I wish we didn't play them so much but I can't begrudge their success otherwise.

Their new AD has similarities to Wildhack when you think about it. (Was on their board of directors owned the minor league soccer team in town.) They were very much rewarded for not poaching a peer schools AD.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Rick Pitino can make a claim for best EVER at the NCAA level? WHAT

If JB could why couldn't Rick? If he didn't go to the Celtics I'm sure he could have a couple more titles.

How long does it take?

I'd say maybe 3 more years from now for sure. By then those sanctions probably won't bite as hard. ;)

I'd say maybe 3 more years from now for sure. By then those sanctions probably won't bite as hard. ;)
It just ticks me off how we let the NCAA hammer us as hard as they did without suing them.
The punishment we got was utter insanity with the charges.

JB's attitude towards the NCAA definitely contributed to the level of penalties we got.
12 scholarships lost was insanity compared to the others penalties the NCAA has dished out.

Baylor had a coach cover up a murder and they lost 2 scholarships for 2 years and lost nonconference games for one season.
The NCAA is such a POS organization I am so happy players making money off their likeness will open the floodgates for the destruction of this organization.

It just ticks me off how we let the NCAA hammer us as hard as they did without suing them.
The punishment we got was utter insanity with the charges.

JB's attitude towards the NCAA definitely contributed to the level of penalties we got.
12 scholarships lost was insanity compared to the others penalties the NCAA has dished out.

Baylor had a coach cover up a murder and they lost 2 scholarships for 2 years and lost nonconference games for one season.
The NCAA is such a POS organization I am so happy players making money off their likeness will open the floodgates for the destruction of this organization.

I hear you and agree. This sanctions topic has been discussed here ad nauseam, and I know where you stand on it from all of those previous discussions/threads. My sentiment is shared along the same opinion you've had, that the sanctions no doubt had a 'degree' of impact on the program, but it's one of several contributing factors, not the most essential.

their recruiting was not penalized during the last phase of ncaa punishments
but an investigation of their recruiting practices has been ongoing. they could get a notice of violations similar to kansas at any time. having fired pitino will help them but they'll still get dinged.

Last edited:
they're recruiting was not penalized during the last phase of ncaa punishments
but an investigation of their recruiting practices has been ongoing. they could get a notice of violations similar to kansas at any time. having fired pitino will help them but they'll still get dinged.

Was just going to post something similar.

They've moved on from Pitino, which gives the impression that the scandal is in the rear view mirror, but the real sanctions haven't been levied yet.

How long does it take?

1. They have a good coach
  2. They have a good arena
  3. They play in a good league
  4. They have lots of tradition
  5. They plan an exciting brand of basketball

Fine best ever head to head vs Boeheim.

It’s easier to win now than when Wooden did of course. I don’t like him either he was terrible for my Celtics and absolutely owned us we never beat the guy.

Huh? young? We have a younger staff. We are about 35, 37 and 40. They are about 35, 40 and 60.
Lets not forget the head coaches.

A. Mack is a really good coach.
B. "Under new management", so the baggage is (at least for now) in the storeroom.
C. Louavul is the lowest USN&WR-rated school in the ACC.
Mack is someone I hope they consider at SU eventually, although I'm sure Loovul is paying him handsomely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom