How does this happen | Syracusefan.com

How does this happen

Colgate is just better. They would beat us ten times if we play them ten times. I said it all day that they would easily defend us. This team is really going to struggle to score. Jesse will find 3-4 bodies around him all year. We can’t space the floor.

Why did we stay in zone?? I mean its mindblowing. We got burned in man with some backdoor passes, but thats correctable. Colgate was 19-38 from 3 with countless open looks and half guarded attempts. Once we left man we didn't go back. Why? We couldn't do worse than giving up 19 3s in man sooo? Absolutely horrible coaching. Period.

We have a program that doesn't try that hard anymore. Look at the talent level on this team. How many guys on this team would be playing on Syracuse teams in the past? Maybe none. That is recruiting. Now look at the play on the floor. Was that Syracuse team prepared to play tonight? On either side of the floor. And if that is okay with the people on the hill, should we care as much? That is a question each and every one of us will have to make our own decisions on.

How does this happen. Why didn't we take away the 3 pt line.
Why didnt we force tempo with a press.
Why are we so unprepared.
Why are we so soft
What has happened to our program.

Don't try to diagnose the symptom. Diagnose the disease.

This has been going on for a while... it's just coming to it's natural conclusion.

Why did we stay in zone?? I mean its mindblowing. We got burned in man with some backdoor passes, but thats correctable. Colgate was 19-38 from 3 with countless open looks and half guarded attempts. Once we left man we didn't go back. Why? We couldn't do worse than giving up 19 3s in man sooo? Absolutely horrible coaching. Period.
Agree 100%. It is baffling.

If you'd like a real answer...

He wants to prove YOU wrong. The zone still works and he'll show you.

That's why.

Ouch!!! I like our chances in the NCAA vs Colgates (unless they play us)

Wasn’t Colgate 5-10 when cuse switched out of man? I don’t think that’s the problem…

We have a program that doesn't try that hard anymore. Look at the talent level on this team. How many guys on this team would be playing on Syracuse teams in the past? Maybe none. That is recruiting. Now look at the play on the floor. Was that Syracuse team prepared to play tonight? On either side of the floor. And if that is okay with the people on the hill, should we care as much? That is a question each and every one of us will have to make our own decisions on.

If anyone is ok with it they are Delusional. Sorry to be so harsh but..

JB just doesn't seem to have any fire left. Ive never seen him so passive during a beat down. He got out a pants down spanking by the other coach and barley broke a sweat.
Jimmy's battery is about dead.
This loss, and the ones that follow, are the result of what we have not done on the recruiting trail. Even worse, we aren't a well coached team on the floor. At really, anything.

This loss, and the ones that follow, are the result of what we have not done on the recruiting trail. Even worse, we aren't a well coached team on the floor. At really, anything.
It’s the result of the head coach being bigger than the program because the high dollar donors hold too much influence.

I agree. The team looks dysfunctional. Worse yet there is no fire from Jim or the staff. Zero sense of urgency. Very soft feel to this team.

I agree. The team looks dysfunctional. Worse yet there is no fire from Jim or the staff. Zero sense of urgency. Very soft feel to this team.
It has the feel of a losing army

Don’t question our genius coach! He has forgotten more about hoops than you will ever know!!

Um, he needs to go and we need to hire outside the program. We are hot garbage

Program needs a massive shot of energy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom