how in the helllllll do you gain 414 and get more than doubled up? | Syracusefan.com

how in the helllllll do you gain 414 and get more than doubled up?

The most disappointing thing was that our defense is supposed to take away the big play and guys were just running free and beating us over the top. If Jackson was anything more than an elite running back with a cannon arm, they get at least two more td's in the first half.

It's scary to think he'll probably never be accurate enough to play QB in the NFL which means he's sticking around for two more years.

Millhouse said:
that was something

I think that was a top 5 O with a top 15 D playing against a team that gives you extra possessions.

Side note: that we were that effective vs that D is still encouraging. I think Wake/BC/UCONN will be in trouble.

Traditionally, after ass whoopings like this, some board strategist tells that: "We'll never face another [fill in the blank] like that again all year!"

Traditionally, after ass whoopings like this, some board strategist tells that: "We'll never face another [fill in the blank] like that again all year!"
I think we play at least two more. It's OK though, we still only take one loss when we lose like that.

we got waxed tonight, kinda like USF last year but worse

It took 93 plays to gain that yardage so don't be fooled by the total yards. Not a good night on either side of the ball. Is what it is at this point I guess.

The most disappointing thing was that our defense is supposed to take away the big play and guys were just running free and beating us over the top. If Jackson was anything more than an elite running back with a cannon arm, they get at least two more td's in the first half.

It's scary to think he'll probably never be accurate enough to play QB in the NFL which means he's sticking around for two more years.

What? If Jackson is anything but an elite ball carrier they wouldn't have done jack sht.

I think that was a top 5 O with a top 15 D playing against a team that gives you extra possessions.

Side note: that we were that effective vs that D is still encouraging. I think Wake/BC/UCONN will be in trouble.
Say hello to a 4 win season.

I thought your guys would take 2 steps forward on offense but 1 step backwards on defense this year, partly b/c of graduation losses and new players without much game experience on defense and that seems to be the case. As far as the score, turnovers generally lead to routs and you had several in the 4th quarter which made it easier for the other team. Other than that, it is hard for me to generalize. The coaching staff will have to decide what to do.
It worried me when Dungey made that leap near the end of the 1st half and landed on his back but he was OK. Maybe someone should talk to him about staying low although he wasn't doing anything like that last year when that CMU player ambushed him. Jackson did some leaping like that later - if his ankle had been grabbed midair he may have had a very hard landing so in general it is dangerous. I'm beginning to think that if he keeps running like that there may be problems for him this year. There is a reason the NFL does not use running quarterbacks as their durability is limited with the quality of linebackers they have.

What? If Jackson is anything but an elite ball carrier they wouldn't have done jack sht.
I'm not sure if your disagreeing with me or agreeing with me, so I'll clarify. Jackson was the best athlete on the field and the best ball carrier. He has a ridiculously strong arm but is horribly inaccurate. Our defense was leaving guys so wide open that if he was at all accurate they score at least two more tds in the first half. There was one drive I can remember where we ended up getting a stop, but at one point he had a guy open by at least 5 yards behind the secondary and just chucked the ball over his head. He could've underthrew him and it still would've been td.

Sure but his seven (or is it 9) senior teammates on offense won't be.

Do you think replacements aren't waiting in the wings?

Who knows? If they were as good or better they would have played quit a bit during the first 3.5 quarters. UofL is very senior heavy, we are very freshman/sophomore heavy. That matters.

Who knows? If they were as good or better they would have played quit a bit during the first 3.5 quarters. UofL is very senior heavy, we are very freshman/sophomore heavy. That matters.
Of course it matters. Player turnover is what keeps college football interesting. But the young guys will develop and fill roles, and Bobby Neck Brace will recruit more. Who's to say he doesn't get some superstar freshman to replace those seniors and play with Jackson next year. Hopefully he doesn't and we mature enough to give em a run next year.

Not a top 5 O, maybe top 10 - 15 but they had a ton of dropped passes and in the middle part of the game their offense was struggling against a defense that had no answers for their passing game. That's the only reason there was any hope at all in the middle of the game we could get close to making it a ball game.

UL has played two really bad defenses, nobody knows how good their offense is yet.

Of course it matters. Player turnover is what keeps college football interesting. But the young guys will develop and fill roles, and Bobby Neck Brace will recruit more. Who's to say he doesn't get some superstar freshman to replace those seniors and play with Jackson next year. Hopefully he doesn't and we mature enough to give em a run next year.

All I know right now is that is a senior-heavy team with an outstanding QB. We aren't and we don't, and that certainly played a roll in the game last night. We will be one more year older next year with much more game experience, and hopefully faster and stronger. Actually, it's two years from now that I'm most excited for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom