How in the world did Hopkins... | Syracusefan.com

How in the world did Hopkins...

QManCuse

Walk On
even get in the tournament and then grab a 6 seed? The only decent teams they beat were UNC, Loyola, and Ped St. Nothing spectacular by any means. In addition, they got destroyed by 4 or 5 other teams, and they're higher seeded than Albany? Absolute joke!

even get in the tournament and then grab a 6 seed? The only decent teams they beat were UNC, Loyola, and Ped St. Nothing spectacular by any means. In addition, they got destroyed by 4 or 5 other teams, and they're higher seeded than Albany? Absolute joke!

Selection Committee: Yeah, we have to take four B1G teams, you know that's what the NCAA demands because the B1G is the B1G. That said, do you want JHU or Rutgers? A show of hands:

For JHU, Raise your hand...ummm hhhmmmmmm

For Rutgers, [silence, crickets start chirping, the room darkens, stars appear] "No hands raised. JHU it is".

At least that is how I imagine it went down.

On a side note, there really are other teams that deserve to be in the playoffs. However, everyone knew there were only 17 slots and the committee would decide how to place them before a single game was played. I fully agree that JHU does not deserve a 6 seed.

Selection Committee: Yeah, we have to take four B1G teams, you know that's what the NCAA demands because the B1G is the B1G. That said, do you want JHU or Rutgers? A show of hands:

For JHU, Raise your hand...ummm hhhmmmmmm

For Rutgers, [silence, crickets start chirping, the room darkens, stars appear] "No hands raised. JHU it is".

At least that is how I imagine it went down.

On a side note, there really are other teams that deserve to be in the playoffs. However, everyone knew there were only 17 slots and the committee would decide how to place them before a single game was played. I fully agree that JHU does not deserve a 6 seed.
I guess my point has been proved!!

In an aleternate universe somewhere Rutgers lost a very entertaining one goal game to Duke, however we where left with a one sided contest with the home team getting outplayed! They shouldn't have beeen in the tournament period

Last edited:
In an aleternate unvirse somewhere Rutgers lost a very entertaining one goal game to Duke, however we where left with a one sided contest with the home team getting outplayed! They shouldn't have beeen in the tournament period
Number 6 seed. What a joke.

somebody ran the 1989 hopkins/cuse game last night . i watched it again . better than the live stuff.

In an aleternate universe somewhere Rutgers lost a very entertaining one goal game to Duke, however we where left with a one sided contest with the home team getting outplayed! They shouldn't have beeen in the tournament period

Is there really an alternative universe in which Rutgers succeeds in sports? Aren't some laws of science simply unbreakable?

Is there really an alternative universe in which Rutgers succeeds in sports? Aren't some laws of science simply unbreakable?

IMG_6069.jpg

Woody, you know I love you, but no way Rutgers only loses by one to Duke. Duke is a much better team that Rutgers, would have easily beaten the scarlet blight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom