How Is SU Thought of in the ACC? | Syracusefan.com

How Is SU Thought of in the ACC?

Col. Bleep

All American
NC State seems to have the Orange pegged (aside from a curious comment about Marek having a light workload).
Mediocrity.

Last edited:
NC State deem to have the Orange pegged (aside from a curious comment about Marek having a light workload).
Mediocrity.

You want to scream and yell saying something is wrong in this piece. And yet...can’t.

Nothing surprising.

Since 2014, most would probably put us as the 5th best ACC team. UNC, Duke, Louisville, Virginia ahead. Florida State debatable.

Consistently better than the rest.

My guess would be they see us as proof the Big East was overrated back in the day.

The ones who don’t follow basketball closely definitely see it that way. The ones who understand the move to the ACC wasn’t what murdered our recruiting probably see it as a swoon in the typical life cycle of good programs.

Nobody stays at the top forever. And falling from the top doesn’t mean you can’t get back up there.

We’re mediocre. Thats what the wrong side of the top 100, 50-100, is. We’re a resumé win at the dome and a middle of the pack p5 on the road.

There is going to be a time where we’re “back” and it’s going to rock the rest of the conference to the core. It may be next year with Benny or it may not be until after Boeheim retires/leaves, but I’m still extremely confident it will happen regardless of the mediocre seasons we have had.

Nothing surprising.

Since 2014, most would probably put us as the 5th best ACC team. UNC, Duke, Louisville, Virginia ahead. Florida State debatable.

Don't think FSU is debatable anymore. Since we got to the ACC, they have 81 conf wins, we have 74. If we do use just the past 5 years it's 56-42. They've been a single digit seed last 3 tourneys and were ranked #4 in the country when last season was stopped. '15-'16 was the last time that it was debatable. They are clearly ahead and pulling away.

Don't think FSU is debatable anymore. Since we got to the ACC, they have 81 conf wins, we have 74. If we do use just the past 5 years it's 56-42. They've been a single digit seed last 3 tourneys and were ranked #4 in the country when last season was stopped. '15-'16 was the last time that it was debatable. They are clearly ahead and pulling away.

What’s our record against them in that timeframe? I think we tend to play them well.

Not clicking.

Very solid, not great.

We don't have USF, DePaul, and semi-home games in NBA arenas in this conference (on top of other discussed issues).

Nothing surprising.

My brain switched that to 'considerably' and I was about to jump all over this post. Glad I reread.

Not clicking.

Very solid, not great.

We don't have USF, DePaul, and semi-home games in NBA arenas in this conference (on top of other discussed issues).
Conte Forum is Carrier Dome East.
Miami if we were good would be Carrier Dome South.

There have been plenty of tomato cans in the ACC.
The ACC doesn’t have anything to do with our struggling it’s been our own talent level.
If we have done solidly against Duke.

It’s Virginia 3-8 and UNC 2-10 that have stuck out.
5-18 against them
58-44 against the rest of the ACC.

The ACC doesn’t have anything to do with our struggling it’s been our own talent level.

5-18 against them

Style of play hurts us tremendously against those two schools. We play a finesse style. Those two schools are too physical for us. I’m not convinced our record would be much better if we increased the talent level.

1612192014009.png

5-18 against them

I think you're right. The talent level wouldn't be good enough to compete to the level we expect or hope for in the old Big East at this point either.

5-18 against them

We lost to DePaul once? USF never. On any given day we've lost to everyone here (and beaten everyone too). The UNC and UVa #s are gross, agreed there.

I live in the middle of ACC country. We're not a topic of discussion unless we "upset' one of the blue bloods.

We've earned zero equity during our time in the ACC so far.
Same here but it is sure fun to poke neighbors and family that worship "the pack", "tar heels" and the "blue devils"! Then I get a chance to visit my son in Roanoke and poke the Hokies and the Cavaliers. The only orange they fear about down here is Clemson. However it is much, much better to have Syracuse in the ACC, at least we see most of the games now.

There is going to be a time where we’re “back” and it’s going to rock the rest of the conference to the core. It may be next year with Benny or it may not be until after Boeheim retires/leaves, but I’m still extremely confident it will happen regardless of the mediocre seasons we have had.
I sure hope so but there are a fewof us out here that remember watching Jimmy play in high school. We unfortunately do not have time on our side so we want to be "back" soon!