How is the transfer portal going to work?

BrooklynCuse

Walk On
How is the new transfer portal going to work? Is there a cap or is it possible to have 30 kids transfer and us not having a team?

Honest question. I see posters saying dozens of transfers and was wondering if that’s even possible

BrooklynCuse

Walk On
We can also get kids. You understand that, right? We offer playing time.
Yes I understand that we could get kids. But would you transfer for to this team right now?

JRHEETER

All Conference
How is the new transfer portal going to work? Is there a cap or is it possible to have 30 kids transfer and us not having a team?

Honest question. I see posters saying dozens of transfers and was wondering if that’s even possible
As many can transfer out as want to

bigmike

Connoisseur of head and legroom.
Back in the day Dino could dust off old Norman Dale’s “you’ve got the weekend to decide if you want to be on this team” type of thing. Today, though, that’s not likely to work out in a positive way.

Redrum

2nd String
We can offer playing time but most who transfer in are transferring because they couldn’t start somewhere else . . We need to lure players from below average academic schools down south and promote an SU degree, NYC connections and life after football.

BKCuse

2nd String
All I know is we need at least 1 transfer QB and about 3 OL transfers capable of playing immed in ACC. Dino needs to work that portal HARD

DPCuse

2nd String
We need BEEF on both sides of the ball. Guys who won’t get pushed around.

Cuse69

2nd String
We can offer playing time but most who transfer in are transferring because they couldn’t start somewhere else . . We need to lure players from below average academic schools down south and promote an SU degree, NYC connections and life after football.
How about we start with the 3-4 stars buried at the top tier programs who want to play, take a look at the 247 portal rankings, you can't tell me we can't land a few OLman and some WR's, DB should've got the kid you suggested from TD's HS, dinos gotta make the tough choices for real this often, seemes atleast to me he half assed it, made the big ward firing but a lot of guys stayed on

GoSU96

Living Legend

what?

where do people get this bs from?

nzm136

All Conference
That’s the thing that blows my mind. Every player goes pro, but most don’t go pro in their sport. Even then, most of the select few who do go pro in their sport end up going pro in something else afterwards (once they blow their money). The degree is incredibly important.

I truly have no idea why a kid would trade 48 3 hour blocks in Mississippi, Louisiana, Louisville, Nebraska, etc. for a degree from a good school.

OttoinGrotto

Run clowns in Archbold
People making a big deal out of the portal... I don't get it. This is a weird year. Because seniors can come back, teams are going to be overloaded next season. Nobody's really sure how that's going to play out.

This off-season is arguably the worst time to enter the portal. Some guys will, sure, but there's a good chance they're looking at a lot of situations where there's no room at the inn.

This cuts the other way too. We keep talking like the portal will save us. Good chance there won't be the talent there. Even if there is, who knows if we'll actually have spots for many takes?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom