how many heisman's does Hunt win? just one or two | Syracusefan.com

how many heisman's does Hunt win? just one or two

no, the allure of winning 2 would be too much.

hed be back and Syracuse will be preseason #1 in '15.

I guess you guys don't think he and his friends read these fan boards. If you did I can't imagine you would be posting this kind of mean spirited nonsense.

I guess you guys don't think he and his friends read these fan boards. If you did I can't imagine you would be posting this kind of mean spirited nonsense.
Hunt doesn't have a friend.

Not really, just love to use that Throw Momma from the Train quote.

i really do think he's going to win the heisman. of course that means that all the other players on syracuse aren't. what to do, I don't want to be mean to them!?!

There's a huge gap between being realistic about a players chances of winning a Heisman and being negative. Grounding the discussion in reality is grounding the discussion in reality, nothing more, it's not being negative.

I certainty appreciate a positive outlook, but talk about Heisman's is veering into RutgersAl territory. There's no need for it.

Last edited:
i really do think he's going to win the heisman. of course that means that all the other players on syracuse aren't. what to do, I don't want to be mean t do o them!?!
The guy pulls our season out of the crapper, gets us a bowl , wins the bowl which helps get a us a great recruiting class and what a majority of fans say; let's throw him under the bus. Real nice , gentlemen.

i really do think he's going to win the heisman. of course that means that all the other players on syracuse aren't. what to do, I don't want to be mean to them!?!
I will go thru this one more time. Let's say we start out 3-0 and we beat down ND. Then win at home against "ville. In order for players to be considered for awards they kind of have to be promoted early, that's how we lost the Heisman that Don MacPherson should have won to Tim Brown. If we get to 5-0 do you want to lay it on his head then , because the media will.

1 thing at a time sport and i certainly dont see a bus.

in case you didnt notice, this week is devoted to correcting the info nuggett droppers. we are attempting to get them to strengthen their stance and tighten the message up.

next week we will deal with posts and posters that cause harm to the student/athlete. (this thread doesnt qualify btw).

and the week after that...we will get rid of all the crybabies.

hows that sound??

OrangeTown said:
How many Heisman's what?

Nothing to see here. Just the vindictive, never-wrong, self-righteous bullies backing down a new poster in a dark alley. Using their uber-fandom as a cudgel, while pooping on T.hunt.

It's performance art! It's the offseason! It's not mean spirited, they swear!

Nothing to see here. Just the vindictive, never-wrong, self-righteous bullies backing down a new poster in a dark alley. Using their uber-fandom as a cudgel, while pooping on T.hunt.

It's performance art! It's the offseason! It's not mean spirited, they swear!
I don't know if it's mean-spirited or not. You'll have to ask them. But what I do know, is that talk of Hunt for Heisman is, well, over the top. Agree or disagree?

orange79 said:
I don't know if it's mean-spirited or not. You'll have to ask them. But what I do know, is that talk of Hunt for Heisman is, well, over the top. Agree or disagree?

Agree 100% on his Heisman chances.

They disagreed in the original post - no need to start another. Seems mean spirited to me.

I will go thru this one more time. Let's say we start out 3-0 and we beat down ND. Then win at home against "ville. In order for players to be considered for awards they kind of have to be promoted early, that's how we lost the Heisman that Don MacPherson should have won to Tim Brown. If we get to 5-0 do you want to lay it on his head then , because the media will.
If SU were to be undefeated going into and coming out of the Fla. St game in October, I can assure you Hunt will get more media attention than would be necessary. Finish the season at 12-0 and I guaran-damn-tee he'd be invited to NY. So no need to start promoting early. You promote when great things are expected of you.. not when you can blindside everyone.

I think he only gets one. He'd have to go pro after this year, I think.
Someone I know who's super close to someone at the NFL said that the reason they changed the rookie pay scale was in preparation for Hunt's arrival to the NFL. They didn't want an NFL team spending their entire cap to get the most heralded recruit in the history of football... At least I think that's what he said.

Someone I know who's super close to someone at the NFL said that the reason they changed the rookie pay scale was in preparation for Hunt's arrival to the NFL. They didn't want an NFL team spending their entire cap to get the most heralded recruit in the history of football... At least I think that's what he said.
You just can't help yourself, can you.

...And please, dear God,... it's been a long, cold winter and over a month since our bowl game win so ...please, please let spring practice start now so Your SU flock will stop trying to rip each other a new one. And please consider being our Twelfth Man this coming season. Amen.

Um, no. Donnie didn't get preseason accolades because SU went 5-6 in 1986. He was, however, spectacular as a college QB and deserved to be in the Heisman discussion. And IMHO should have won...and probably would have won if not for Gordie Lockbaum.

He will probably have to settle for back to back ACC POY's

Look forward to his progression into next year. Very up and down year this past year. The ups were great, the downs were brutal. Seems like a good kid too.

i agree it was an up and down year, but i would put more stock in how comfortable he looked the last 3 games.

a lot of people seem to forget just how poor our wr's were. Hunt had very little help. Once talented kids like Estime and AC started to play it's no coincidence Hunt began to improve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom