How much time did Syracuse football QB Tommy DeVito have vs. Clemson? (what we learned) | Syracusefan.com

How much time did Syracuse football QB Tommy DeVito have vs. Clemson? (what we learned)

Lay that on top of this which was posted in another thread and it’s a hot mess all around. We’ll get there.

The way they were able to constantly get that much pressure...I’m not sure I’ve seen anything like it.

Yeah, clearly nobody else had picked up on that fact, prior to your post. :rolleyes:

According to many Eric would've ran.

Sorry, Eric would've had similar results, just not enough time.

According to many Eric would've ran.

Sorry, Eric would've had similar results, just not enough time.

Who knows if he would or wouldn’t have. He breaks off a couple runs and all of a sudden Clemson eases off the pressure. ED rolled out significantly better and it’s not even close. He couod roll out and still make plays. TD rolled out and ran for his life to the sidelines or threw the ball away. To say that ED would have failed too is silly. When an offensive player makes plays it causes the defense to change too. ED was always good at making plays and moving forward when he ran, that in of itself would have caused the defend to play different. He could have still been sacked 8 times and made plays at the same time.

When Tommy was being evaluated by 247 Brian Dohn wouldn’t give him a fourth star. The reason was he really struggled under pressure. At the time a lot of SU fans were annoyed with Dohn. Who knows maybe he was right. Below average line play and a QB who struggles with pressure is a recipe for disaster. The receivers aren’t doing anyone any favors either. Hopefully the Oline improves its communication and DeVito can settle down.

Last edited:
We may not like what he says, but Stephen has been killing it this year. Kudos.

He’s finally writing with empathy for the fans. Not pro-Syracuse like a rah rah guy - but like “this is what happened - it was not what fans wanted but...”

Just comes off better.

When Tommy was being evaluated by 247 Brian Dohn wouldn’t give him a fourth star. The reason was he really struggled under pressure. At the time a lot of SU fans were annoyed with Dohn. Who knows maybe he was right. Below average line play and a QB who struggles with pressure is a recipe for disaster. The receivers aren’t doing anyone any favors either. Hopefully the Oline improves its communication and DeVito can settle down.
Total trash total fabrication

I actually remember that - and maybe it’s not wrong. But I think that stuff can be taught out of you by good coaching + game experience.

Jesus, this crap has to stop

We knew going into this game that venerable blitzes all the time. Even when he had 4 first round picks last year he blitzed all the time from different spots. I have said this before that this is the type of DC we need and I hope ward can become like him but I doubt it. No hot reads it pop passes in the middle or screens for that matter to offset pressure. Bad play calling on offense and it’s as simple as that. I said in the beginning of season that if I am a dc I am blitzing us every play cause we don’t use hot reads. We just hoped Dungey would do his magic. Well Td can’t even drop back 2 steps without pressure so we should have a snap and pass play immediately before the kid gets killed. We need to use the whole field improve our run game to. I just think the coaches didn’t put our receivers in good spots for Td to shine.