How should we spend the money? | Syracusefan.com

How should we spend the money?

We should spend our money where a donor wants his money spent. I’m sure that’s just another BS video.

I didn't watch the video but agree with Bees. The money should be directed to where the very generous donor wants it to go (sports facility, library, academic building, NIL etc).

Cuse

There may be more important causes but Syracuse really needs to completely tear down south campus and build something way nicer. Its definitely not the deciding factor for a recruit but if I wouldn't be too excited about living in what looks like its a storage container.

There may be more important causes but Syracuse really needs to completely tear down south campus and build something way nicer. Its definitely not the deciding factor for a recruit but if I wouldn't be too excited about living in what looks like its a storage container.
I thought they were planning to tear it down. They purchased the varsity land (I believe thats going to be housing eventually), several places on Marshall street and “The Marshall” apartment complex. If I’m not mistaken, the goal is to move south campus students to the main campus and into new buildings.

Also, I am pretty sure the athletes live in the nice apartments on south campus.

If I’m not mistaken, the goal is to move south campus students to the main campus.

That is the long term goal.

I thought they were planning to tear it down. They purchased the varsity land (I believe thats going to be housing eventually), several places on Marshall street and “The Marshall” apartment complex. If I’m not mistaken, the goal is to move south campus students to the main campus and into new buildings.

Also, I am pretty sure the athletes live in the nice apartments on south campus.
This is my understanding as well. The thing I don’t know is what they are planning to do with the South Campus. It seems to me there is always a need to build more large academic buildings and the North Campus is pretty much maxed out. Could there be a plan to expand with academic building on South Campus?

This is my understanding as well. The thing I don’t know is what they are planning to do with the South Campus. It seems to me there is always a need to build more large academic buildings and the North Campus is pretty much maxed out. Could there be a plan to expand with academic building on South Campus?

South Campus will become a huge parking lot.

Hoop and football live in University Village as I understand it.

Both of my daughters played sports in college and the dorms were a big factor in their decisions. I think that living quarters are more important than put put golf or lazy rivers in locker rooms.

Both of my daughters played sports in college and the dorms were a big factor in their decisions. I think that living quarters are more important than put put golf or lazy rivers in locker rooms.
The problem is, SU was left far behind in the facilities wars when that chapter in college athletics ended.

SUAD understands they need to finish the Lilly project to level the playing field.

If the Lilly project was just about football, it might have been abandoned a while ago. But it isn’t. It is just as much about making our football faculties competing with our peers as it is about addressing many major issues with our Olympic sports, which have truly terrible facilities compared to our peers.

The Lilly project will give our sports programs, all of them, a chance to compete. I think you will find that once it is complete, it will largely end the focus SUAD has had getting facilities build or improved. Because we needed to get ours completed, we are going to be a couple of years behind our competitors.

At that point, I think you will see SU and our donors themselves change the focus to nil money. Some donors will probably not want to give money directly to athletes. And that is okay.

College athletes is changing and we will see our donor base change as a result.

I hope it all works out.

Do the athletes still live in Skytop? It was pretty nice in the 80s. I've only been up at Skytop once since graduating and it looked nice then too. I was up there before the Clemson game in 19.

C18CCBF9-1C15-4472-B967-BB76E843D772.jpeg

Rich folks rather put their name on a building than send $100K to some 19 year old kid who might leave a year later.
Can confirm.

The problem is, SU was left far behind in the facilities wars when that chapter in college athletics ended.

SUAD understands they need to finish the Lilly project to level the playing field.

If the Lilly project was just about football, it might have been abandoned a while ago. But it isn’t. It is just as much about making our football faculties competing with our peers as it is about addressing many major issues with our Olympic sports, which have truly terrible facilities compared to our peers.

The Lilly project will give our sports programs, all of them, a chance to compete. I think you will find that once it is complete, it will largely end the focus SUAD has had getting facilities build or improved. Because we needed to get ours completed, we are going to be a couple of years behind our competitors.

At that point, I think you will see SU and our donors themselves change the focus to nil money. Some donors will probably not want to give money directly to athletes. And that is okay.

College athletes is changing and we will see our donor base change as a result.

I hope it all works out.
Problem is we were late to the party catching up in facilities and now we’re late to the party and catching up in NIL. Because we stunk so bad at football for so long we’re cooked when the super conferences form. At least we’ll have facilities for a Villanova level football squad.