How will opposing arenas/fans treat JB? | Syracusefan.com

How will opposing arenas/fans treat JB?

Caboose

Scout Team
Will opposing team's arenas enforce a policy where classless signage pertaining to JB's unfortunate incident last night are banned? Will opposing fans chant classless garbage at our team? What can we expect in this regard? Is this something we should be concerned about?

Thankfully we already played at Pitt and Duke, and we don’t play at Georgetown, Villanova, or UConn.

Clemson, Wake, and UNC crowds have never struck me as being completely scummy like the above ones have.

But you never know. College students in general can be pretty insufferable as many of them lack self-awareness and make the mistake of thinking they’re funny.

UNC should be a treat.

Wheres the acc tourney this year?

Actually, I think JB will be left alone for the most part, especially during the conference tourney.

Unc is the wine and cheese crowd. Wake there will be more su fans. Don't know about clemson or the acct. Hopefully the fans realize this could happen to anyone.

Unc is the wine and cheese crowd. Wake there will be more su fans. Don't know about clemson or the acct. Hopefully these fans realize this could happen to anyone.

One can hope that people are more respectful to him in person than they are are as anonymous testers or message board posters.

Is there no decency left in this world that we even have to have this discussion. Sad. Can the NCAA ever come together as a family?

If anything, crowds are much more decent than they were in the 70s and 80s and even the 90s.

No alcohol, no drugs, icy roads, and an accident in the middle of a highway any fanbase that thinks this can be used as a taunt are evil.
In March 2005 SU hosted Providence and the arena officials made it crystal clear any fan who taunted Donnie McGrath a PC player who been charged DV would be immediately ejected.
No fan taunted him nothing happened. I hope other arenas are like this. We know Pitt fans are animals and they are really the only fanbase we play now at their arena sick enough to taunt over this IMO.

I'm sure there will be some students at some point in the future who make offensive signs or chant offensive stuff. I would expect them to be removed, and for the school to apologize... But I definitely expect stupid college kids to think it's something to make a joke about.

And I also would expect an elite/respected coach to be able to put a stop to it quickly, just as I'd hope Boeheim would if the roles were reversed. That's not to say lesser coaches wouldn't try, but I think as a student there's a big difference in Coach K telling you that you're a disgrace and some mid-level coach.

I mean a 74 year old man who was working until late at night got in an accident coming home. He was successful in avoiding the car which he would have been able to see (headlights etc) but who knows about this guy. If the game started at 9pm and this happened at 1am I wonder if there would be some discussion to shelve these late starts?

I don't think anyone will say anything since all the details clear JB of any wrong doing usually there is grey area in car related incidents but there is none here just sad all around.

If Pitt was a person he'd come up with tasteless JB chants, then when called out he'd complain that no one has a sense of humor anymore and can't take a joke.

No alcohol, no drugs, icy roads, and an accident in the middle of a highway any fanbase that thinks this can be used as a taunt are evil.
In March 2005 SU hosted Providence and the arena officials made it crystal clear any fan who taunted Donnie McGrath a PC player who been charged DV would be immediately ejected.
No fan taunted him nothing happened. I hope other arenas are like this. We know Pitt fans are animals and they are really the only fanbase we play now at their arena sick enough to taunt over this IMO.

North Carolina State fans beg to differ. I don't know that anything as bad has happened since, but they said awful things to Kueth Duany in 2001 and I know they've got a reputation as low-class.

I mean a 74 year old man who was working until late at night got in an accident coming home. He was successful in avoiding the car which he would have been able to see (headlights etc) but who knows about this guy. If the game started at 9pm and this happened at 1am I wonder if there would be some discussion to shelve these late starts?

I don't think anyone will say anything since all the details clear JB of any wrong doing usually there is grey area in car related incidents but there is none here just sad all around.

Interesting that you're going back to this.

Will opposing team's arenas enforce a policy where classless signage pertaining to JB's unfortunate incident last night are banned? Will opposing fans chant classless garbage at our team? What can we expect in this regard? Is this something we should be concerned about?
I don't foresee any fan base using this tragedy as fodder. Like others have said...there may be one or two idiots, but they'll be drowned out by common sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom