Howard stern fans - sour gary | Syracusefan.com

Howard stern fans - sour gary

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
Holy Christ I finally got around to listening to sour shoes Gary calling medicated Pete for 2 and a half hours today. Easily the best bit in 5-8 years on the show.
Man is a genius
If you haven’t listened yet please do ASAP

If only Sour wasnt so screwed up, he would be a millionaire. But i suppose i prefer him sitting in his parents basement working on bits all day.

If only Sour wasnt so screwed up, he would be a millionaire. But i suppose i prefer him sitting in his parents basement working on bits all day.
Feeds the genius

When sour Gary goes something like “I feel like just getting a giant turntable and laying on it”
And
“I’ve always wanted to be a chocolatier”

I only met Sour once for a few mins at a Stern Halloween party thrown by Mutt. He was dressed in full clown garb with a painted face and rainbow afro wig. he was on rollerblades.

on some old hard drive somewhere I have a picture of the blades.

Sour Shoes's Shoes

I only met Sour once for a few mins at a Stern Halloween party thrown by Mutt. He was dressed in full clown garb with a painted face and rainbow afro wig. he was on rollerblades.

on some old hard drive somewhere I have a picture of the blades.

Sour Shoes's Shoes

I had the chance to go to one of the idiotic “killers of comedy shows” back in like maybe 08-09. Had a friend who knew the guy who drove Artie around. He said if you want to get messed up... how true it was
I didn’t go.
Watching artie’s fall has been my black tar heroin: it’s so unbelievable and sad yet satisfying in the stern disposition

I had the chance to go to one of the idiotic “killers of comedy shows” back in like maybe 08-09. Had a friend who knew the guy who drove Artie around. He said if you want to get messed up... how true it was
I didn’t go.
Watching artie’s fall has been my black tar heroin: it’s so unbelievable and sad yet satisfying in the stern disposition

you shoulda gone. those shows were fun and funny. plus the post show parties were beyond crazy sometimes.

I cut my e-teeth on SFN, got to know a bunch of guys around the show well, did the roundtable a few times, etc.

here's a story I recently posted on another board you may enjoy:

when I lived in the city I played softball in a mens league in central park. on the team was a good phriend (who I met through SFN and he lurks here from time to time) who was even deeper in the stern world than I was (did the old superfan roundtable show 3X more than I did, etc.)

anyhow, high pitch used to come to out games often and he wanted to play. the rules stated that if you came up to bat not wearing a team shirt, automatic and immediate out. none of us were going to let Erik wear our shirt cause, while he actually is a very nice guy, he is gross. solution was we let him catch the bottom of the last inning when we were the home team.

often, players on the other team would recognize him and that was true this day. bottom of the last, we are up by 2 and they have the bases loaded. batter hits a scorcher to right field and our RF fires a bullet home, but up the line a little bit. as the tying run was halfway home, high pitch moves up the line, gets the ball and makes a gorgeous, and I do mean gorgeous, diving sweep tag to get the runner about 3 feet from home.

The runner just lays there because the only worse than being tagged out at home is being tagged out at home by high pitch.

As we are crossing CPW to hit a bar and grab victory drinks, high turns to me and yells in that high pitch voice "hey Shark, did you see that play? I play just like Jorge Posada! TOUGH AS NAILS!!!" I doubled over laughing so hard I just missed getting hit by 2 cabs.

True story

gif confirmation:
highpitchergif.gif

I miss the old days in general on the show. It’s unlistenable now to me.

you shoulda gone. those shows were fun and funny. plus the post show parties were beyond crazy sometimes.

I cut my e-teeth on SFN, got to know a bunch of guys around the show well, did the roundtable a few times, etc.

here's a story I recently posted on another board you may enjoy:

when I lived in the city I played softball in a mens league in central park. on the team was a good phriend (who I met through SFN and he lurks here from time to time) who was even deeper in the stern world than I was (did the old superfan roundtable show 3X more than I did, etc.)

anyhow, high pitch used to come to out games often and he wanted to play. the rules stated that if you came up to bat not wearing a team shirt, automatic and immediate out. none of us were going to let Erik wear our shirt cause, while he actually is a very nice guy, he is gross. solution was we let him catch the bottom of the last inning when we were the home team.

often, players on the other team would recognize him and that was true this day. bottom of the last, we are up by 2 and they have the bases loaded. batter hits a scorcher to right field and our RF fires a bullet home, but up the line a little bit. as the tying run was halfway home, high pitch moves up the line, gets the ball and makes a gorgeous, and I do mean gorgeous, diving sweep tag to get the runner about 3 feet from home.

The runner just lays there because the only worse than being tagged out at home is being tagged out at home by high pitch.

As we are crossing CPW to hit a bar and grab victory drinks, high turns to me and yells in that high pitch voice "hey Shark, did you see that play? I play just like Jorge Posada! TOUGH AS NAILS!!!" I doubled over laughing so hard I just missed getting hit by 2 cabs.

True story

gif confirmation:
highpitchergif.gif
I got high pitch to do a video message for my friends birthday last year. He was an insufferable dickhead to deal with

Completely unrelated, but when my friends and I get into an argument we say “are we taking this to stage delicatessen?” To gauge how serious it is

I got high pitch to do a video message for my friends birthday last year. He was an insufferable dickhead to deal with

I'll tell you what I told Danny Bonedouchebag after the Rev Bob Fight when I talked him down from kicking HPE's azz. He's genuinely a very nice guy, and I never wanted to know that because I used to love to hate on him.

The night of Artie at Carnegie we had a group dinner beforehand. When the bill came Erik actually reached in his pocket and paid for his own meal. He also ate all the bread for a table of 16...twice.

Completely unrelated, but when my friends and I get into an argument we say “are we taking this to stage delicatessen?” To gauge how serious it is

related: when I lived on the corner of 63/3, EEO used to jog in the neighborhood all the time. I wouldn't smoke in the apt but instead on the fire escape outside the kitchen window, right next to the fridge, so I could reach inside from the "porch" When I saw him running up from 2nd Ave I'd grab a couple of eggs and let fly from above and watch that freak show flat out freak out screaming at everyone, while I watched from above. giggling to myself like a moron...riiiiiight????

I miss the old days in general on the show. It’s unlistenable now to me.

It has been for a while. I now only read MarksFriggin's show recap once in a while. The changes they made have just been horrible

It has been for a while. I now only read MarksFriggin's show recap once in a while. The changes they made have just been horrible
It doesn’t even resemble the show of days past. They can’t even get sternthology right. Who really wants to hear a formulaic interview with Mindy Kaling from 2014? It makes no sense from any entertainment metric you apply to it.

the show is a shell of what is once was

i rarely listen anymore

its all grunting and makeup