Howard Washington | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington

ESPN on Washington's performance at the New York State Top 24 in Albany, N.Y.

Purest Point Guard
Howard Washington Jr. (Buffalo, N.Y./Canisius)
6-3, 175, 2016, PG
Offers: Virginia, Virginia Tech, Boston University
He has played only one year of high school basketball and yet he has a game and maturity level that is well beyond his years. The professionalism with which he goes through drill work is truly unique at his age, overshadowed only by the efficiency in his floor game as he utilizes a well-developed skill set and extremely high basketball IQ without wasting any motion. Simply put he’s the type of guy all coaches are looking for to run their team.

2 different kids in that video. I like the one with the green shoes, his jumpshot is like when you forget your breathing.

Last edited:
2 different kids in that video. I like the one with the green shoes, his jumpshot is like when you forget your breathing.

HW is the kid in the green shoes. I was able to watch him last night as they played in Rochester at the RAP Invitational. After the 1st quarter I thought there was no way this kid is on SU's radar. Didn't do much offensively hit a couple free throws and actually missed a breakaway layup. 2nd quarter he arrived. He banged 2 treys, couple mid range jumpers and 4 free throws. He did a nice job defending Webster's best wing player. At halftime he had 16 of the 33 points Canisius had. 4th quarter Canisius started to pull away so he didn't log as many minutes. Scored 8 to total 24 on the game and made up for his missed breakaway bunny with a fast break flush. Impressive kid that I am sure SU will monitor. Congratulated him after the game and I'm thinking he is closer to 6'1 than 6'3. He may be a "B" list kid considering the names throwing Syracuse out there in 2016.

Last edited:
247 has an offer from the Orange to Washington - been a hectic two weeks at work - this true?

It has been reported that Washington is now transferring to Montverde for next season. Big time power move for him. He should get plenty of exposure and continue to see his stock rise. SU staff has been checking him out all week.

Howard and Montverde will be playing against top 10 prospect Ivan Rabb and his Bishop O' Dowd squad today at 6:30 on ESPN2. Washington is #10.

I would say that if he has a "mature game like Tyler Ennis", then we could use him if the 5th-year transfer option isn't an option (Mullins).

Or, of course, if the worst possible thing happens and Malachi leaves, this kid could come in and replace Battle, with Battle replacing Malachi (more or less).

Washington isn't all that impressive. I would hope we could do better in terms of a replacement for Battle.

Washington can't commit to the 2016 class. He's 2017 and the only way he's a replacement for Battle is if Tyus blows up and leaves and Quade commits to Temple. I could see Washington as the understudy to a Jr/Sr Franklin Howard.

I'm confused by this whole thing. Why can't he be 2016? The decommit and reclassification I assume means he isn't on track to graduate HS on time? Also - funny with the Ennis comparisons that it was Ennis' dad who was the source for this news. Is this kid somebody we'd really want or no? A guy who could start at SU?

I'm confused by this whole thing. Why can't he be 2016? The decommit and reclassification I assume means he isn't on track to graduate HS on time? Also - funny with the Ennis comparisons that it was Ennis' dad who was the source for this news. Is this kid somebody we'd really want or no? A guy who could start at SU?

Yeah I thought kids usually reclassifiied sooner to get to the league sooner and start that EARNINGS CLOCK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom