HPV vs HIV

Was that in the Gates stuff? Or from someplace else?

And - my condolences.
Upwards of 80% of s e xually active millennials have HPV. From the above link, if Trump asked if this was the same thing as HIV, he’d be under the impression that 4 out of 5 people under the age of 40 have HIV.

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
Upwards of 80% of s e xually active millennials have HPV. From the above link, if Trump asked if this was the same thing as HIV, he’d be under the impression that 4 out of 5 people under the age of 40 have HIV.
Serious question. Do you think that 80% number is accurate? That just blows my mind. There are vaccines now, both my kids were vaccinated when in HS. We had to give permission though. That’s an awfully high number considering HPV can on occasion cause cancer although it can take years.

DMDMD

Scout Team
Serious question. Do you think that 80% number is accurate? That just blows my mind. There are vaccines now, both my kids were vaccinated when in HS. We had to give permission though. That’s an awfully high number considering HPV can on occasion cause cancer although it can take years.
Probably more like 40-50%

I do actually. I’m sure it will go down in the future with the vaccine though.

Most forms of HPV don’t have any symptoms. Condoms don’t really protect against it. I have a friend who’s a dermatologist and half their business is 20/30 year olds getting warts frozen off.

Most forms of HPV don’t have any symptoms. Condoms don’t really protect against it. I have a friend who’s a dermatologist and half their business is 20/30 year olds getting warts frozen off.
According to the CDC 79 million American, mostly in their teens and people in their 20's, have it. The good news is that the vaccine is very effective and HPV rates in teens are going down.

xc84

Living Legend
Trump also Creepy Donnie with Gates (shocker):

In the footage aired Thursday night on MSNBC, Gates noted that when he first met Trump in late 2016, it was "kind of scary" how much Trump seemed to know about his adult daughter Jennifer's appearance. "Melinda didn't like that too well," he said.

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member

Damn.

CuseFaninVT

Living Legend
Jezzy chrizzy 80? Good thing I'm in a monogamous relationship.
It's not just millennials. victor and his neighbors in the Villages are tearing the sheets up as well and ending up with STDs are rates similar to 20 year olds...

s e xually active seniors facing increased risk of STDs

"If you go to the Florida Department of Health website or the Centers for Disease Control, you would notice an alarming trend," Dr. Merritt says. "Thirty-five percent of HIV cases are now on people 50 years and older."

Cheriehoop

Staff member
It's not just millennials. victor and his neighbors in the Villages are tearing the sheets up as well and ending up with STDs are rates similar to 20 year olds...

s e xually active seniors facing increased risk of STDs

"If you go to the Florida Department of Health website or the Centers for Disease Control, you would notice an alarming trend," Dr. Merritt says. "Thirty-five percent of HIV cases are now on people 50 years and older."
Question - didn’t HIV exist in the 60’s , 70’s when the open feee love movement started? Just wondering why they are surprised that older people have it. By the way I heard about those Villages stories - if half are true - wow!

DMDMD

Scout Team
Question - didn’t HIV exist in the 60’s , 70’s when the open feee love movement started? Just wondering why they are surprised that older people have it. By the way I heard about those Villages stories - if half are true - wow!
Was in Haiti in the 60's. Probably jumped to US sometime in the 70's, recognized and identified in 1980 or so in California. Almost anyone who had it (aside from a few "elite controllers") back then would be long since dead. Or do you mean HPV, Donald?

Cheriehoop

Staff member
:)
Was in Haiti in the 60's. Probably jumped to US sometime in the 70's, recognized and identified in 1980 or so in California. Almost anyone who had it (aside from a few "elite controllers") back then would be long since dead. Or do you mean HPV, Donald?
Duh , yup HPV

Signed Donalda Trump :)

Quazzum69

Stable Genius

We're in that sweet spot that became s e xually active and went off the college just as this thing exploded. Before people recognized how prevalent and dangerous it is. Pre vaccine.

It's like the millenial generation's vietnam. Genital Warts and student loans debt.

Top Bottom