HS prospects will now have unlimited official visits | Syracusefan.com

HS prospects will now have unlimited official visits

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Effective 7/1. No longer limited to five. I don't even know if this is good or bad for the schools, but it could be good for the student. Unlimited parties every weekend. I think I am definitely in angry old man mode who hates change. Please make it stop.

Russell Wilson Mr Unlimited GIF

Effective 7/1. No longer limited to five. I don't even know if this is good or bad for the schools, but it could be good for the student. Unlimited parties every weekend. I think I am definitely in angry old man mode who hates change. Please make it stop.

Ugh these “final” lists are gonna get so much more ridiculous

Ugh these “final” lists are gonna get so much more ridiculous
And when they do their announcement, instead of sitting at a table with three hats, they will be at the LIDS store with 300 hats behind them.

Wait, I know there is a Southwest Northeast Ozark Mountain College hat here somewhere.

Absolute Madness!
Can we get a NIL collective started to pay fans not to go to any NCAA sporting events?Only way to stop the madness is if fans quit supporting this lunacy.I don’t know a single person that likes what has happened to college sports, but nobody seems to have an answer on how to stop the nonsense.

Wait, are folks really upset with this? Only a few sports had this restriction. Your own son or daughter trying to determine which college to go to would not have this restriction. So, why would these students who happened to possess certain athletic ability to play one of these sports have a restriction on visits. The original rule made no sense.

Wait, are folks really upset with this? Only a few sports had this restriction. Your own son or daughter trying to determine which college to go to would not have this restriction. So, why would these students who happened to possess certain athletic ability to play one of these sports have a restriction on visits. The original rule made no sense.

Your own son or daughter wasn’t getting a free, all-expenses-paid trip to said schools on those schools dime, that’s why.

Student-Athletes are free to visit as many schools as they like, just like every other student.
On their own dime.

Absolute Madness!
Can we get a NIL collective started to pay fans not to go to any NCAA sporting events?Only way to stop the madness is if fans quit supporting this lunacy.I don’t know a single person that likes what has happened to college sports, but nobody seems to have an answer on how to stop the nonsense.

It can't be stopped -- the genie was let out of the bottle by poorly-conceived policy changes, and it won't ever be reigned in.

It can't be stopped -- the genie was let out of the bottle by poorly-conceived policy changes, and it won't ever be reigned in.
This is pretty black and white but, between NIL and super conferences coming it’s all going to come to a head at some point. We need to get this ship back on track ASAP, basketball or football. I have an awful feeling we’re going to be left behind.

Schools pay the costs of an official visit for recruits. A recruit was always allowed to take as many unofficial visits as they liked provided they paid for the cost.
So then the school just… doesn’t host the recruit?

The should, but you do know that schools pay for the official visit. I don't think colleges are flying regular students to their campus.
As I said to the other poster: schools can just not host the visit. If the kid ain’t worth it, the school shouldn’t pay for it. That’s a pretty ridiculous excuse honestly

This is pretty black and white but, between NIL and super conferences coming it’s all going to come to a head at some point. We need to get this ship back on track ASAP, basketball or football. I have an awful feeling we’re going to be left behind.
It’s not just SU that’s going to be left behind. How much money is CBS going to pay for a NCAA tournament that loses 2/3 of its audience?
They are killing themselves with how they are going about this. Make these athletes employees and make them sign 3 or 4 year contracts

It’s not just SU that’s going to be left behind. How much money is CBS going to pay for a NCAA tournament that loses 2/3 of its audience?
They are killing themselves with how they are going about this. Make these athletes employees and make them sign 3 or 4 year contracts
I was thinking about that too, and while it’s not “amateur” anymore, something has to be done. The sport is being absolutely gutted.

The past two seasons were rough, and I’m not saying we won’t get better, I think we do eventually, but the Jesse thing shakes me a bit, Joe to a much lesser extent, but watching these two guys wear orange for the last four years, both being expected to produce probably outside of what they’re capable of then bailing (don’t blame either guy) and having to watch them on other teams next year it awful. At least Jesse looks like he’ll be out of the ACC, but Joe going to Pitt is going to suck. I never was the biggest fan of his game, but I am so more attached to Joe than I am JJ. Yeah jersey colors matter, to an extent, but at this point that’s entirely the only thing we’re rooting for, who cares about the player if they’re here for a year or two. Anybody here care about Chris McCullough?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom