Hurley | Syracusefan.com

Hurley

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
What foul does he get assessed when he inevitably makes contact with one of our players on the baseline, flailing around like he's waiting for his Ritalin to kick in?
Why do they even have coaching boxes if they don't enforce it. He is standing on the floor while we are on offense right in front of him. I would knock his sorryass over.

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
Why do they even have coaching boxes if they don't enforce it. He is standing on the floor while we are on offense right in front of him. I would knock his sorryass over.

I thought for sure a couple times he was really close to making contact. The ref even looked at him a few times that I saw but I never saw him say anything.

BludOrange

All Conference
If we have a player on the wing along their bench, he stands right beside them screaming in their ear. All his commotion has to be a distraction.

joct

Scout Team
He will have a stroke within 2 years if he doesn't calm down. It was absurd. His team outplayed us in every way though, I'll give em that
At a quick glance if I didn't know better I thought it was Bobby Gonzalez from his Seton Hall days.

samspann1

Living Legend
I’ve never understood the histrionics over coaches leaving the box.

I guess because it is a rule? If they want to let coaches roam wherever they please, then get rid of the box. But he was well into the court countless times, as well.

samspann1

Living Legend
At a quick glance if I didn't know better I thought it was Bobby Gonzalez from his Seton Hall days.
Mike Rice, Bobby Gonzalez, Huggins w/o the success

OrangeDW

Living Legend
I guess because it is a rule? If they want to let coaches roam wherever they please, then get rid of the box. But he was well into the court countless times, as well.

I have a far bigger problem with them coming into the court - which he did numerous times.

It’s an epidemic with this breed of 45-50 year old generation of coaches. Someone raised those guys wrong. None of them have any clue how to act.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
I’m rooting for an ACL tear and when it happens I will jump in the air, stamp my foot, pump my fists wildly, and stare at anyone near by with an “intense” look while shushing them.

Friggin weirdo Terry Dehere towel boy. Screw him.

Cuse9292

Walk On
He really impressed me tonight, obviously he had them ready to go from the tip but to sustain it that long, with such a talent disadvantage? They moved the ball quite well for the personnel they have and you could tell he has high expectations for his players and is always teaching. You give that man some talent and I don't even want to look.

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
I have a far bigger problem with them coming into the court - which he did numerous times.

It’s an epidemic with this breed of 45-50 year old generation of coaches. Someone raised those guys wrong. None of them have any clue how to act.

Wait, he’s not a millennial? I thought they caused all the problems in the world.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Wait, he’s not a millennial? I thought they caused all the problems in the world.

Lol.

Seems like it’s always those coaches in his generation acting like that. Mid-life crisis?

Seriously, how are you a mid-late 40s head coach and shushing fans?

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
Lol.

Seems like it’s always those coaches in his generation acting like that. Mid-life crisis?

Seriously, how are you a mid-late 40s head coach and shushing fans?

Didn’t get called on enough to participate in school? It just came off as kind of bratty, really quickly too.

HOFCeluck

Content Creator

Because it’s a rule.

Got it.

CaptainJ

Disembodied?

If THAT generation bothers you, youre going to be in for trouble when you get a load of THIS generation: (seriously)

OrangeDW

Living Legend
If THAT generation bothers you, youre going to be in for trouble when you get a load of THIS generation: (seriously)

I will put money on it that that kid will never be a head coach of any kind.

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
If we take the "out of the coaching box" stuff out of the equation for a moment, I have no issue saying the guy doesnt bother me. Fact of the matter is that I actually like people who are passionate. Not everyone is the same, and that's what make people like him stand out. I enjoy the entertainment the same as I did long ago when I watched pro wrestling.

He also seems to be able to coach his team to a win vs a team that was fairly heavily favored. I enjoy it when JB gets animated. Hurley did so without drawing multiple technicals and getting ejected, and inspired his team to a win. I'd have no problem if JB inched a little close to that end of the spectrum like he used to be.

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
In my opinion, this fellow hasnt done anything close to what Buzz Williams did to earn my contempt. He hasnt eliminated us from any part of the post season yet, while doing his antics, so he has a long way to go in my book. I get that can be different for others just because they hate UConn, and that's fine. I'm just explaining how I feel and why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldyGopher

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom