Hurley | Syracusefan.com

Hurley

Cuseball

Starter
Showing how dumb he is again. Getting a technical and blowing the game for his team. Every time a game gets tight he implodes. Dumb coaching too. I think Andre Jackson took the last 4 threes for his team. Excellent team but you know Hurley will have them too wound up and they will have an another very early exit in March.

Cuse

100% correct. And he's a no-trick pony coach who is all about effort and intensity, with zero coaching acumen.
Well, until today he had the number 2 team in the country. If JB had Cuse back to a top 5 team we’d not care how he behaved. And.. JB certainly had his moments of boorish behavior (I’m a JB fan).

Well, until today he had the number 2 team in the country. If JB had Cuse back to a top 5 team we’d not care how he behaved. And.. JB certainly had his moments of boorish behavior (I’m a JB fan).

So what? They got exposed, they're not even close to being the number 2 team, as the rest of the year will bear out.

That has zero to do with us. We have an uphill crime, because JB is cratered our program but that doesn't change the fact that Hurley is a horrible coach who benefits from playing in a second tier conference.

I must be missing a lot by not paying attention to other teams’ coaches.

Seems kinda odd to pick on Hurley who has UConn in the top 5, when our own coach was stomping and flailing down the sideline after one of our own turnovers. What’s the difference?

Seems kinda odd to pick on Hurley who has UConn in the top 5, when our own coach was stomping and flailing down the sideline after one of our own turnovers. What’s the difference?
Hurley does it to officials and gets away with it. JB does it to his own guys. I don’t particularly care for either, but theres a significant difference.

Plucky UConn has had a miraculous out of nowhere hot start, but they ran into the more big time, consistent basketball school on their home court today, which is always tough.

Hurley does it to officials and gets away with it. JB does it to his own guys. I don’t particularly care for either, but theres a significant difference.
I don’t understand.
Our gamethreads are chock full of ref hate.
Why wouldn’t it be better for your program to save your bile for the officials and your love for your players?
Especially if you ’get away with it’ with the officials?

I don’t understand.
Our gamethreads are chock full of ref hate.
Why wouldn’t it be better for your program to save your bile for the officials and your love for your players?
Especially if you ’get away with it’ with the officials?
Hurley fights with opposing coaches, opposing players, and fans too.

He’s a loose cannon. I’d have zero faith in him as a leader, in a close game.

So what? They got exposed, they're not even close to being the number 2 team, as the rest of the year will bear out.

That has zero to do with us. We have an uphill crime, because JB is cratered our program but that doesn't change the fact that Hurley is a horrible coach who benefits from playing in a second tier conference.

They've looked really good. It's been impressive honestly. The issue is they I think have peaked too early both on their roster and on the staff. They are at this year's ceiling while other teams move towards their own which is higher for this season.

They've looked really good. It's been impressive honestly. The issue is they I think have peaked too early both on their roster and on the staff. They are at this year's ceiling while other teams move towards their own which is higher for this season.
He's garbage, and rot starts at the top.

; )

You’d have to ask the broadcaster who made the comment or the ref who T’ed him up.

He’s a clown. But I think the team is quite good and will clearly win a lot of BE games. And I’ll be rooting heavily against in March. His best team there by a bit, sadly.

Xavier laid the blueprint. Focus on shutting down Hawkins, take advantage of how foul prone and overtly aggressive they play and understand Sanogo will get his no matter what.

Not a super easy thing to do but as fouling and close games or more losses add up Hurley will continue to lose his composure.

I'm not suggesting this should happen...but if Hurley replaced Boeheim people would love his "feistiness." His behavior would be excused or overlooked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom