Hypothetical question related to Boeheim’s Army | Syracusefan.com

Hypothetical question related to Boeheim’s Army

Cuse1055

SU Video Maven
After watching Boeheim’s Army this year and seeing the experience and pedigree of Jeremy Pope (albeit still early in his career), IF for some reason one of our current assistants leaves the program, what are the odds Pope would be looked at to join the staff? He has connections to Hop, Tony McIntyre (Ennis’ dad) and now former SU players. Plus he has had some time now to pick Boeheim’s brain and learn some of the system, while also integrating his own coaching style. Just something I thought of, although it’s unlikely a member of our staff leaves before Boeheim retires.

After watching Boeheim’s Army this year and seeing the experience and pedigree of Jeremy Pope (albeit still early in his career), IF for some reason one of our current assistants leaves the program, what are the odds Pope would be looked at to join the staff? He has connections to Hop, Tony McIntyre (Ennis’ dad) and now former SU players. Plus he has had some time now to pick Boeheim’s brain and learn some of the system, while also integrating his own coaching style. Just something I thought of, although it’s unlikely a member of our staff leaves before Boeheim retires.
If I was more impressed with him as a coach, I’d be down.

I’m not sure this tournament does much as far as exposure. Do a couple of guys get noticed, sure, but I don’t think it’s really brings attention to many players or coaches.

I’m not sure this tournament does much as far as exposure. Do a couple of guys get noticed, sure, but I don’t think it’s really brings attention to many players or coaches.

I think for a few years it did get some guys looks but since it's graduated to being a pickup game that part of it is gone.

I think for a few years it did get some guys looks but since it's graduated to being a pickup game that part of it is gone.
I don’t think that’s true at all.

I don’t think that’s true at all.
I haven't watched any games except ours, but I don't see how anyone is getting looks anywhere like Devo did a few years ago after looking great. Our games haven't looked anything like quality basketball. Maybe other games have been officiated differently and players have been able to show translatable skills but certainly not in either of ours.